Webkinz Beach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME Rules in mind.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Faye's Family Tree [active-busy]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Faye's Family Tree [active-busy] Empty
PostSubject: Faye's Family Tree [active-busy]   Faye's Family Tree [active-busy] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 12:47 am

Faye doesn't know why she was abanndoned as a pup, nor why her brother was killed, or why she has never set eyes on her mother. This is her story of her family tree, and how she uncovers her family's secrets.

Story is [C] by me. No using characters, settings etc from the story for your own personal work.

It was close to midnight when the moon finally showed its grey face to the world. I smiled at it out my doorway, content with the small sleeping space for tonight. It had been so long since I had seen that moon, that round cratered orb floating in a sea of darkness. How else could I relate to the rest of the world when I had been cut off for so long from others?

I knew the answer. The only pack in the area was the dreaded Glacier Hills Pack, the one that had shut me and my brother out so long ago. I turned my brilliant teal eyes away from the moon. What was once a blessing was now a reminder of what I would have to do soon. I buried my black nose into my chestnut fur, which was now highlighted with silver from the moonlight. I took a deep breath of the forest-like smell of my own coat. It smelled of moss and of damp earth.

I padded back into the dark depths of the cavern and lay down on the moss lined floor. I let out a gust of moist air, creating a cloud in the cold atmosphere. I smiled and blew lightly, sending the droplets scattering. “Faye, you know you have to go back,” The voice startled me, and then I realized it was my own squeaky voice. I hadn’t head anyone speak in so long, even when I thought out loud it made me start. “Yes, Faye, tomorrow,” I let myself go along with this, knowing that tomorrow, I would fall asleep once again in some burrow or cave, looking up at the moon and promising myself I would go back the next day.

And so that’s how my last night in the wild went, the same as every night in many moons had gone. I fell asleep shivering in the near-artic air, my long fur doing its best to keep my blood from freezing, but the sharp air still brought a pang to my lungs with every slow breath. The rocks, smooth and worn from years of tumbling across the rough ice of the nearby glaciers before finally depositing in this glacier park, were like cobblestones around me, making 3 walls and a ceiling after piling up when the glacier melted. It was where I often came to make a home when no other was available.

I woke sweating, but the chills from the night before hadn’t vanished. I wasn’t the only thing covered in a layer of wetness, everything outside my small grotto. Each grass shoot was covered in the delicate beads of dew. My tongue caressed the shoot and lapped up the sweet water and felt the lightness of it on her tongue. Even after it slithered down her throat, her mouth felt unusually dry, so she began her wandering towards the brook.

The brook was a beautiful spot. The running water dribbled over the rocks, forming many natural waterfalls that tumbled gracefully into little pools. I picked my way over the sharper boulders, scaring off a white hare that had been sipping the sweet water. I leaned down and let my pick tongue break the surface, then lapped up the brook’s offering like it was the first time I had tasted water.

I looked up, fully satisfied. The water still ran over the chestnut fur on my chin and dribbled down, splashing on my brown paw. I frowned at the dark spot I on it, and blew on it gently until it faded into the muddy color surrounding it. I looked up, and gave a high yelp and dove towards the nearest overhang. I was sent into a fight-or-flight state. My heart beat faster while I tensed up and took in short breaths. My pupils dilated so that I could clearly see my surroundings. And standing right in front of me was a white wolfess with amber eyes.

“Hello?” The wolfess said, her voice low, yet feminine. “I’m sorry I scared you. It’s just, I’m on border patrol today and you are trespassing on Glacier Hills Territory. Unless you’re a lone wolf and you were hoping to join of course,” She blinked at me, surprised by my arched back and gleaming teeth. I closed my lips and straightened up, my breathing righting itself.

The wolfess was middle-aged, older than me, but not yet an elder. Her white coat had no tint of grey, yet her features were defined and her face lined, showing her years. Her eyes sparkled wisely and focused calmly from the overexcited me to our surroundings.

“Umm, umm,” I thought for a moment, only letting go a low drolling hum. I had to go back at some point, the winter was coming, my first winter without a companion. Last year there had been the old wolf, but he had died of age in the late spring. What if I should become ill as I had last year? I would never be able to survive. But they had shut me out? Then I smiled, and felt my teal eyes darken as the cunning idea creeped into my head. “Yes, I was looking for a pack member. I’m F-, Flora,” I stuttered, spying a wilting wild buttercup. “Nice to meet you.”

“Hello Flora,” The white wolfess bowed her head slightly, making me to cringe. Moons of referring to the pack as savage beasts made me forget that they actually had decent manners, and I had totally obliterated them from my mind when I became a lone wolf. I awkwardly returned the bow, but she was already speaking. “I’m Hestia, daughter of Vulcan, the alpha of Glacier Hills Pack,”

I stood there, my eyebrows raised suspiciously. “Vulcan's still alpha?”

“Ah, so you know dear old father, he is getting older my new pack mate. But how do you know Vulcan?” She asked, shaking her head slightly.

[size=12] “Just because I am a lone wolf, does not mean I do not know what has been going on around me,” I slyly yipped. “So, shall I meet this Vul-“ I cut off. She was doing something peculiar, staring right into my teal eyes. I looked back into hers, the amber suns making my eyes smart and my vision began to blur. I looked away as Hestia blinked, coughing awkwardly.

“Sorry, it’s just, those eyes, they seem familiar. There was this lone wolf that I saw that once had them,” I froze up. Hardly any wolves had this color eyes, we were rare. Did she remember me? I only met her a couple times, including that one time when she had helped her father make the decision to ban me and my brother from pack life.

“I don’t think you’ve ever seen me before,” My squeaky voice broke as I lied. My eyes looked up at the ever brightening blue sky. The sun was now visible over the green tops of the evergreens.

“Maybe its just déjà vu,” Hestia shrugged it off. “Now, yes. Vulcan likes to personally meet all newcomers.” Her lips curled into a smile. “Follow,” She commanded, her low voice thick with the mien of an alpha. She broke into a clean trot, not unlike a horse’s, her paws touching the ground rhythmically while her head and tail were held high. I held back a snicker at her conceited look and followed. My gait was clumsier, my paws tripping over unseen pebbles or twigs and tangling my tail with my back legs. She never slowed, and I often had to catch up to her steady pace.

Why has Hestia seen Faye before? Find out soon, in FFT.

We came upon camp without warning. It was downwind from the brook and cleared of all brush. The dens were overhung by boulders and nestled deep in the frozen ground. The thick scent of wolves made me sneeze, I hadn’t smelled any other scent than mine for almost a year.

“Starpack blesses you,” Hestia said promptly, again making me feel barbaric by my lack of manners.

“Thanks,” I sniffed feebly. My teal eyes overtook the camp, a couple pups were playing by the edge of the forest, and the watchful eyes of the pupsitter was focused on them. I scowled at the pups, thinking of the puphood I never had. My playing was hunting, my companions was the prey and the trees. My toys were the bones I buried deep in the earth right after eating to prevent being tracked by scent of meat. Hestia peered over at me, her low voice had been pointing things out, but I hadn’t been listening.

“I’m not found of those pups either,” She grimaced, and I smiled as sympathetically as I could. It wasn’t the pups I disliked, but their life that I coveted.

“Highrock is this way,” Hestia said, turning her muzzle to point to the tower of boulders. I wanted to thank her, the duchess of obvious, but I doubted that would score me points in such a strict pack.

We padded across the frosty land, frozen leaves crunching under my weight while Hestia made no sound while approaching her father’s abode. “Wait here,” She commanded, her voice deeper and quieter than usual. I nodded once, then strained my eyes to look inside. It was jet black, too dark to make out anything but the pure white silhouette of Hestia fading along with her yellow orbs. When she had completely disappeared, I heard muffled whispers, than the horrible sound of claws on slate. I lowered my ears and cringed, and it was then that my new alpha laid eyes upon me.

He was skin and bone, if that. His white pelt was spotted with grey, and I could see it was covered up somewhat with white shavings of pine. His yellow eyes mirrored his daughter’s, conceited and daring anyone to contradict him. His shaggy hair fell over his eyes, but that did not prevent them from staring at Faye without embarrassment. Leaning heavily on the youth of Hestia, he walked a ring around her, taking in her stocky form. His sagging limbs moved jerkily and with an eerie cracking sound. When he had finished, he turned to Hestia. “You say she calls herself Flora?” His voice was as scratchy as the noise that had come from his den.

“Yes, sir,” Hestia barked at once, very loud. I guessed Vulcan was hard of hearing. I saw faint recognition in his eyes, but it was clouded.

“Very well Flora, I expect Hestia to fill you in on procedures, and welcome,” Then he turned and stumbled back into the darkness, shaking his head as Hestia tried to help him. She returned to stand near Flora, and beckoned for her to follow.
“You may never contradict the alpha’s or beta’s command. You may never contradict a guard’s command. You may not leave the territory without permission or you will not be able to return. Mates must be approved by the alpha,” She recited quickly, her voice still an octave lower than usual. “You must make your own den, you may not share. Hunts take place in the morning and evening. Elders, pups and royal blooded eat first. If it is your own catch, you may eat with them. Anything smaller than a rabbit may be consumed out of camp. Failure to follow the rules nay result in ostracization and if it is extreme, death.” It was then that I let out a yelp. I was staring into the face my brother, the same one that was put to death so many years before.

Is it true? Will Faye stay here in this stringent place?

Last edited by Simplylily on Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:05 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
cooldog74
Geek
Geek
cooldog74

Female
Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Faye's Family Tree [active-busy]   Faye's Family Tree [active-busy] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 10:49 am

I love the story so far. I can't wait to hear some more!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Faye's Family Tree [active-busy]   Faye's Family Tree [active-busy] I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:28 am

thanks you two! i like it too!

posted more!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Faye's Family Tree [active-busy]   Faye's Family Tree [active-busy] I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 6:48 am

That is amazing Lily!! You are an awesome writer!!
Back to top Go down
Ray
Ray

Female
Number of posts : 1898
Nickname: : Rayne, Raynie
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: Faye's Family Tree [active-busy]   Faye's Family Tree [active-busy] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 12:59 pm

plz, keep going!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Faye's Family Tree [active-busy]   Faye's Family Tree [active-busy] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 10:10 am

do you guys still want me to write?
Back to top Go down
WoLf_MiStReSs
WoLf_MiStReSs

Female
Number of posts : 14540
Nickname: : MeEr, Mkitty, Wolfie, Moe, Mcat, Missy, Pedro
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: Faye's Family Tree [active-busy]   Faye's Family Tree [active-busy] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:11 am

I do, I think it's good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Faye's Family Tree [active-busy]   Faye's Family Tree [active-busy] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Faye's Family Tree [active-busy]
Page 1 of 1