Webkinz Beach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME Rules in mind.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Homeschool CLub

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Homeschool CLub Empty
PostSubject: Homeschool CLub   Homeschool CLub I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 8:53 am

Hi everybody I know there are at least 2 other homeschooled kids here, so who's with me? Anyway I do the
A-beka cirriculum. I'm in 6 grade. My mom is my teacher, we joke that my dad is occasionally Little Billy, the bad kid in the back row. And it's actually pretty funny becuase I know many more things than my 15 almost 16 year old cousin.
Back to top Go down

Homeschool CLub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeschool CLub   Homeschool CLub I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 9:06 am

I'll join because I'm home schooled! Good idea
Back to top Go down

Homeschool CLub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeschool CLub   Homeschool CLub I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 9:08 am

WOw thankz, I didn't know you were too, although how would I anyway?
Back to top Go down

Homeschool CLub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeschool CLub   Homeschool CLub I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 9:10 am

What me being home schooled?
Back to top Go down

Homeschool CLub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeschool CLub   Homeschool CLub I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 9:11 am

Yeah, Peeps/DoctorWho and wolfcrazy98 are HS too.
Back to top Go down

Homeschool CLub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeschool CLub   Homeschool CLub I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 9:14 am

Well my mom is mine & my brothers teacher & when ever my dad is home he's the principal my cousin is HS too! I'm in 6th grade & I also use saxon math!
Back to top Go down

Homeschool CLub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeschool CLub   Homeschool CLub I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 9:18 am

I did that too for a whil the saxon thing, but it was too easy for me, not to be braggin I'm not, my grades stink right now.
Back to top Go down

Homeschool CLub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeschool CLub   Homeschool CLub I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 9:23 am

Yeah we just started using it this year!
Back to top Go down

Homeschool CLub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeschool CLub   Homeschool CLub I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 9:25 am

Yeah, what is your whole cirriculum though?>
Back to top Go down

Homeschool CLub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeschool CLub   Homeschool CLub I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 9:28 am

What do you mean?
Back to top Go down

Homeschool CLub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeschool CLub   Homeschool CLub I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 9:30 am

Well like what's your language, spelling, reading, health, history etc.
Back to top Go down

Homeschool CLub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeschool CLub   Homeschool CLub I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 9:32 am

I get history books from the library. I use learning with language arts for my language (thats what you mean right?) I read any books that look interesting to me!
Back to top Go down
Jacobluver
Administrator
Administrator
Jacobluver

Female
Number of posts : 3146
Nickname: : JL, person, you
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: BASICALLY IM ONLY: jeep, and madio at this time sorry for being borring. Logan Beach Boarding School!: Rocky, Zach, Alyson

Homeschool CLub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeschool CLub   Homeschool CLub I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 11:19 am

i actually have been meaning to make a post like this but never have actually gone and done it.
(hey thats a song! sorry off topic) im not homeschooled but alot of times i wish i was, you learn so much more then. Everyone who i have met who is homeschooled are nice and smart, and you guys are too! But yah i wanted to make a post because i wanted to know more about what it is like. Do you guys go to joined classes like for gym where tons of homeschooled kids come to gether once a week? my friend did that.
Back to top Go down
_furryfurby
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11479
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: https://webkinzbeach.forumotion.net/furry-s-rp-characters-h6.htm

Homeschool CLub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeschool CLub   Homeschool CLub I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 11:53 am

CMain wrote:
Hi everybody I know there are at least 2 other homeschooled kids here, so who's with me? Anyway I do the
A-beka cirriculum. I'm in 6 grade. My mom is my teacher, we joke that my dad is occasionally Little Billy, the bad kid in the back row. And it's actually pretty funny becuase I know many more things than my 15 almost 16 year old cousin.

lol, your dad is Little Billy.
I thought that was hilarious when i read that!
Yeah, whenever I meet homeschooled people, they are very smart!
Smarter than, than... anyone in my grade!
Is it because you don't get 'homework'?
lol!
Back to top Go down

Homeschool CLub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeschool CLub   Homeschool CLub I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 9:05 pm

Trust me we do get homework, well at least I do. And jacobluver it is possible to do things like that, the're called Homeschool Groups, it's actually their proper name. But like they have places that will actually do school for you, and your parents don't have to do it. My mom teaches me now. But like she can give me my assignments and then she let's me go and I do my own work. But it's stil language arts, art, spelling, reading, arithmetic, (I'm getting into algebra afraid ) and some normal studies just like in school but well at home in my pj's with my cat on my lap. But still I love it. And there are different types of homeschooling, there is unschooling, which is where you do like what princess does up high.
Back to top Go down

Homeschool CLub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeschool CLub   Homeschool CLub I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 10:41 pm

Yeah I like to go to school in my pj's & have my cat Mya in my lap she always has to have attention!
Back to top Go down
Jacobluver
Administrator
Administrator
Jacobluver

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: BASICALLY IM ONLY: jeep, and madio at this time sorry for being borring. Logan Beach Boarding School!: Rocky, Zach, Alyson

Homeschool CLub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeschool CLub   Homeschool CLub I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 4:13 am

i love algebra (sorry off topic)
thats cool that your able to stay in PJs all day but at high school people still sometimes go to school in there pjs! lol!
do you think you will ever go to regular school, maybe when your a senior to see what its like?
Back to top Go down

Homeschool CLub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeschool CLub   Homeschool CLub I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 4:15 am

I want to, but I think I might cause trouble, some how, but it would be nice, to do Track, Chemistry and do like the dances and stuff, but I mean 8 hours of school to 4 hours, I think I'll take sleep in and only 4 hours or less, so probably not, but I'd like to.
Back to top Go down
Jacobluver
Administrator
Administrator
Jacobluver

Female

Character sheet

Homeschool CLub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeschool CLub   Homeschool CLub I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 4:21 am

i would suggest doing it for your senior year when you dont really do anything just have alot of blowoff classes and have fun for the year.
Back to top Go down

Homeschool CLub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeschool CLub   Homeschool CLub I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 4:25 am

That woudl be fun..... When my cousins are off we go bowling and stuff, and my mom and I go shopping a lot, it's a lot easier, but you can actually do internet classes where yuo watch in on another real live class, so like you can't ask questions but still.
Back to top Go down
Jacobluver
Administrator
Administrator
Jacobluver

Female

Character sheet

Homeschool CLub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeschool CLub   Homeschool CLub I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 4:27 am

really they have that!!!!!! i want to see that that looks funny and cool, i mean it sounds funny and cool.
Back to top Go down

Homeschool CLub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeschool CLub   Homeschool CLub I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 4:31 am

Yeah, but the problem is you have to sit through everything, like the kids getting out their books and stuff and then them reading, (Really slow, sorry but I read like really fast, get yelled at for it too.) So it's sorta just easier to do it yourself, and my mom doesn't have to teach me, she assignes me my assignments, and I do them as fast or slow as I want, but I can't read, go on the computer, watch Tv, etc until I'm finished.
Back to top Go down
Jacobluver
Administrator
Administrator
Jacobluver

Female

Character sheet

Homeschool CLub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeschool CLub   Homeschool CLub I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 4:35 am

sound like momma boot camp at our house durring the summer; my mom gives us homework to do over the summer on a certain subject, last year we had to learn about the presidents this year geography (i rather WWII)
Back to top Go down

Homeschool CLub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeschool CLub   Homeschool CLub I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 4:37 am

Momma Boot Camp, nice. Yeah. I can't stand history/Geography, tlak about boring. Well mine anyway. Now I finished science and I'm into health (lame) sorry.
Back to top Go down
_furryfurby
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11479
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: https://webkinzbeach.forumotion.net/furry-s-rp-characters-h6.htm

Homeschool CLub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeschool CLub   Homeschool CLub I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 7:56 am

lol, cmain and other homeschooled people, do you have a lot of friends that go to the school you were supposed to go, if you went to that school?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Homeschool CLub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeschool CLub   Homeschool CLub I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homeschool CLub
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next