Webkinz Beach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME Rules in mind.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mafia (its a game guys)[LOCKED, game over, VILLAGERS WON!]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Mafia (its a game guys)[LOCKED, game over, VILLAGERS WON!] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Mafia (its a game guys)[LOCKED, game over, VILLAGERS WON!]   Mafia (its a game guys)[LOCKED, game over, VILLAGERS WON!] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 2:47 am

First topic message reminder :

___The Explanation_____
Mafia is basically a game of deceit, strategy, and secrets.

Vocabulary words are in bold. Key points are italicized.

Once enough people join a game (at least 10 make better games than less than 10), you start the game by sending everyone private messages that contain their roles (In a normal game, you decide), though only one is given at a time and the person only knows what his/her own role is (exception: lovers).

The game starts with night actions. You ask anyone with availible night actions if they want to target someone to use his/her power on. Once 48 hours have passed, OR everyone has submitted his/her night actions, the narrarator states whether or not anyone has died. The next 24/48 hours are spent discussing and accusing people of being the mafia leader. Each player must make a nomination of who he/she thinks is the mafia leader. After that, whoever gets the most nominations dies. Then 48 hours are allowed for night actions and the cycle repeats until all the mafia or dead or until there's only one mafia and one innocent.

Role The position that the narrarator gives to a player. Everyone should have a role of some sort. Each role has its own special power, such as killing (mafia leader and followers), saving a random member, (nurse), discovering another player's role (watcher), etc. It's up to the narrarator what roles are used, though there has to be a mafia killer without fail.
Nomination The player selecting someone else (only one person) during discussion. Being nominated usually means that you're suspected of being the mafia leader. You are allowed to change your own nomination until the discussion is over. Also, whoever gets the most nominations dies.
Night Actions Basically, using whatever power your role has. This is done after someone is killed in the discussion. It's done through private messaging to the narrarator, though you can bring it up during the following discussion.
Narrarator The "god" of the game universe. The narrarator gives the players their roles and oversees the game, making sure no rules are broken and to keep everything in order and make sure there is no uneccesary confusion.
____A Sample Day________
discussion.
1: It's too early in the game to know who's the killer. I'll just watch.
2: I NOMINATE PLAYER 1 just because someone has to die.
3: It's suspicious that you'd just nominate without any evidence. I NOMINATE PLAYER 2.
1: Seconded. I ALSO NOMINATE PLAYER 2.
5: I NOMINATE PLAYER 3. He's just using player 2. to make sure no one suspects him. I bet he's the mafia leader.
6: I NOMINATE PLAYER 5. You see, I am the watcher and I saw that 5 is the mafia leader.
2: You know what? I change my mind. I NOMINATE PLAYER 6. I'm the real watcher. He's just lying so that he has an alabi.

Narrarator: Discussion is over. Player 2 got the most votes, so she dies. She was not mafia. You all have 48 hours for night actions.

Player 5 is the nurse and saved 4. However, 4 was not a target and will not be affected. Player 6 was really the mafia leader and killed 3. Player 1 spied on player 6 and found out he was the mafia leader.

48 hours later:
During the night, 3 was ambushed and killed by the mafia. You all have 48 hours to discuss.

....SO yeah. Main points:
-You can lie. This includes lying about your role and night actions.
-You can change your nomination.
-Be careful what you say. It can be easy to draw suspicion.
__The Game_____
You live in a fairly isolated and old-fashioned city. Life may not be particularly exciting or eventful, but you've long grown used to it. Besides the houses, there's a small hospital, a department store, a gas station with a convenience store, a park, a church, a library, and a nice view of the river. Nothing else. Most people know each other since it's such a small town.

However, one day, your entire image of the town shatters to pieces. You wake up late one morning and look out the window. People are running up the street and there's a huge crowd in front of the house that's down the street from yours. You quickly get dressed and run over to see what all the commotion is about.

When you get to where the crowd is, you can hardly believe your eyes. Right in front of the mob is the corpse of a friendly, patient adult who resided in the town. Written in red ink (or is it blood?) on a piece of paper lie the words,
This town is boring. Let's make things fun, shall we? We're residents of this little place and every day from tomorrow on, our group will kill another one of you. Honestly, what can you actually do to stop us? I dare you to try it. --------
The town immediately holds a council meeting, though it's not cheery and light-hearted, naturally. There isn't one person who isn't watching someone else suspiciously as if he/she may be the killer. A while later, they decided what to do.

During the day, the townsfolk will choose a person that they think is the killer. They have two days to discuss on this topic and make a final decision. Whoever gets the majority vote is the one who dies. If he/she is a killer, it's announced. This goes on until either there are no more townsfolk or no more killers.

Roles:
Killers-

Leader: One person. Each day, he/she PMs me the one he/she wants to kill..
Apprentice: In this game, it's one person. The apprentice and the killer decide together who they want to be killed. At the beginning of the game, the Apprentice also chooses someone. If the apprentice is killed, then so is the person he/she chooses.
Townsfolk-
Nurse: One person. Each day, she/he PMs me with the name of a person she/he wants to save. If the killer targets that person, then that person lives and no one dies except for the one the townsfolk nominates.
Watcher: One person. Every other session (Every 96hrs), he/she will PM me the name of one character. I will tell him/her the role of that person (ie- Bob is the nurse, Jane is the killer).
Lovers: Two people. If one dies, so does the other.
Role Blocker: One person. He/She chooses one person. That person cannot do anything at night. (ie- Chooses the nurse, nurse can't protect anyone. Chooses the killer, no one dies. Lover dies alone, etc)
Silencer: One person. Each day, he/she can choose one person, who, for one discussion session (48hrs) cannot participate in discussion. He/She can still fufil his/her role, though.
Tracker: Each night, he/she can choose one person. He/She gets to find out who the person affected. (ie-Tracks Amy, finds out that she was killed/protected/spied on Wallace, etc)
Trickster: One person. Each night, the trickster chooses two people. The first person's action gets redirected at the second person. (ie- Redirects Pamela's night action at Steve. Pamela originally killed Frank, but is now must attack Steve.
If needed, I'll add more roles.

General Rules:
-You can announce your role and anything you've learned, any theories you have. Just keep in mind that there's no rule that says they have to be true.
-Each member gets only one role.
-Once you die, you cannot continue participating. Your role ceases to exist. You can’t give hints to any players, etc.
-You cannot communicate with eachother except on this thread. No PMing about the game unless it's to me and me alone.
-Once I get enough sign-ups, I'll PM everyone their roles.
-Once the game starts, no new members until it ends.

Explanation (c) Wikipedia and (c) Albino Squirrel.

Members:
Lola
Ayla
Natalie
Bloom
Weedy
Furry
Sunny

Last edited by SimplyLily on Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:25 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Mafia (its a game guys)[LOCKED, game over, VILLAGERS WON!]   Mafia (its a game guys)[LOCKED, game over, VILLAGERS WON!] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 7:54 am

Geez guys. We're trying to get the site wide mafia going, but no one is doing anything that can ): Also, I believe Sunny is running this game...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mafia (its a game guys)[LOCKED, game over, VILLAGERS WON!]   Mafia (its a game guys)[LOCKED, game over, VILLAGERS WON!] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 12:02 am

Guys, I will make a new thread. I'll move ya'll there, then start the game. I wish we could do the site-wide game going. . .
Back to top Go down
EnchantixBloom

Female
Number of posts : 1626
Nickname: : Enchantix, Bloom, EB, Enchilada (what Penguin used to call me)
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: BrightClan- Brightstar, Cherryfur, Stormwhistle, and Dawnpaw. Sunrise Wolf Pack- Bloom, Sky, Crystal, Shadow, Sapphire, and Emerald. 11 girls, no parents- Samantha Singger. 21 Kids, no parents- Alyssa, Gabrielle, Rachel, and Victoria. Running for our lives- Faith Nicole Hadley. Captured- Heather Camille Brooke. Jureano Mountain Pack- Bloom, Sky, Crystal, Shadow, Sapphire, and Emerald. Summer River Pack- Bloom, Sky, Crystal, Shadow, Sapphire, and Emerald.

PostSubject: Re: Mafia (its a game guys)[LOCKED, game over, VILLAGERS WON!]   Mafia (its a game guys)[LOCKED, game over, VILLAGERS WON!] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 2:58 am

When are we going to start?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mafia (its a game guys)[LOCKED, game over, VILLAGERS WON!]   Mafia (its a game guys)[LOCKED, game over, VILLAGERS WON!] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:07 pm

I'm sort of waiting on a sub-section for Mafia, so I might make it on a different forum.
Back to top Go down
_furryfurby
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11479
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: https://webkinzbeach.forumotion.net/furry-s-rp-characters-h6.htm

PostSubject: Re: Mafia (its a game guys)[LOCKED, game over, VILLAGERS WON!]   Mafia (its a game guys)[LOCKED, game over, VILLAGERS WON!] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 2:49 am

okay, since i have no idea what we're doing right now,
and i'm an admin ready to work,
what do you want me to do, sunny?
Back to top Go down
WritingOtaku
Administrator
Administrator
WritingOtaku

Female
Number of posts : 16456
Nickname: : weedy (I'm now accepting this), GiGi (ONLY LOLA), MGW (Mrs. Gerard Way), Black Kat, Ninja, Kitty, DB, Divine
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: Mafia (its a game guys)[LOCKED, game over, VILLAGERS WON!]   Mafia (its a game guys)[LOCKED, game over, VILLAGERS WON!] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:25 am

I want it to start up again, too. I'll be on every day except for when I'm at camp. And here's the subforum for it, too! =^,^=
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mafia (its a game guys)[LOCKED, game over, VILLAGERS WON!]   Mafia (its a game guys)[LOCKED, game over, VILLAGERS WON!] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 6:13 am

Hey, I'm off from school now, I can revive it. Lily, you want to help?
Back to top Go down
_furryfurby
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11479
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: https://webkinzbeach.forumotion.net/furry-s-rp-characters-h6.htm

PostSubject: Re: Mafia (its a game guys)[LOCKED, game over, VILLAGERS WON!]   Mafia (its a game guys)[LOCKED, game over, VILLAGERS WON!] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 6:35 am

do you want to continue from this thread or delete this and start a new one?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mafia (its a game guys)[LOCKED, game over, VILLAGERS WON!]   Mafia (its a game guys)[LOCKED, game over, VILLAGERS WON!] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 6:54 am

I can make a fresh one!

Oh wait.

I am soooo not thinking.

I'm at my friends house now, and I'm not allowed on the inernet at home.

Whoops.

Two weeks and all will be better!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mafia (its a game guys)[LOCKED, game over, VILLAGERS WON!]   Mafia (its a game guys)[LOCKED, game over, VILLAGERS WON!] - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mafia (its a game guys)[LOCKED, game over, VILLAGERS WON!]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4