Webkinz Beach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME Rules in mind.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

*UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hanna (:
Hanna (:

Female
Number of posts : 1085
Nickname: : I used to be Hannah73
DragonEggs : over-rated. . .
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

*UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies. Empty
PostSubject: *UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies.   *UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 5:30 am

(THIS BOOK IS ORIGINAL AND MADE BY ME! DO NOT COPY ANY CHARACTERS, PLACES, OR SCENARIOS!)

Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies

Part One

Chapter One

Harrison was a small town in the middle of Maine. It was a beautiful heaven to live in, grow in, and celebrate in. Winter was sublime; families would gather around fires and play Monopoly while sipping hot chocolate. Spring was lively and fresh; the budding trees conducted a symphony of pink and yellow flowers, led by the chorus of butterflies emerging from their golden cocoon. Summer was vibrant and bustling; the children and teens would run to the creek by the forest and go swimming there; but I have not mentioned fall yet. Fall was heaven on earth. The trees would be aflame in gorgeous scarlets, golden yellows, and fiery oranges. The air smelled like apple cider and bonfires; the orchard at McDonney’s opened for apple-picking and cider-pressing, which was a normal ritual for families to mark the end of summer.
Harrison was your ideal town; everyone knew each-other, the ladies would gather around for tea and gossip, and we children grew up knowing each-other and playing with the other all day. It was the town where there was only one church; the Church of God. Reverend Downing was always preaching at you; it seemed like his wrinkled, gray eyes pored right through you. Everyone attended church every Sunday and every Thursday for Bible study. It seemed like everyone knew everyone, and all their dirty little secrets.

My name is Elinor Marianne Harper-Mercer (named after the two main characters in my mom’s favorite book, Sense and Sensibility), and my family settled her hundreds of years ago. I’m only sixteen, but I can remember sitting on my great-grandfather’s lap, and him telling me about how his parents came over here from Germany when they were little with their parents. They were immigrants from Denmark, and came to Germany to be with family. Then they moved here to America, to be free from the German oppression. When he died, I was only three years old; but I remember going to the funeral, and crying on my daddy’s shoulder. My mother died when I was born; all I have left of her is her old shawl that she used to wear. Daddy never remarried; he used to say that he would always be faithful to his first love. All the women in the town took pity on daddy and me; they would take me out for school shopping, and would make dinner every-so-often for us. I didn’t need to worry about getting to school, though. I had my own bike, and I would ride or walk everyday. The school was really a elementary school and a middle school combined, with a high school behind it. The kindergarten and pre-school were held in the teaching room of the church, where the day-care was also. Most of the men worked at the mines or in the forest; a few were Washington big-wigs who’s families lived here and who only came every month or so. Harrison was that kind of town; the town where the smallest scandal made the biggest headline in the Harrison Gazette.

My dad works as a free-lance writer for various newspapers and online forums. He even wrote a few books. He always taught me that education is the most important thing that you can own, because nobody can take it away from you. Which is probably the reason that by the time I was ten, I was in seventh grade, and taking Algebra. I’m pretty much considered a geek, but that doesn’t stop the preps from asking for help on their English literature assignment or to help them study for an upcoming geometry test.

When school started back up, I was really excited; as I always was. When the day finally dawned to get up early and get ready, I bolted right out of bed. I put on some dark jeans, layered tank tops in orange and red, and a thin brown scarf around my neck. I tied my thick blonde hair up in a twisted bun, and grabbed my books. I kissed my dad goodbye after getting breakfast and ran out the door.
As soon as I walked outside, I sighed and took a breath of fresh air. It smelled like all the goodness in the world wrapped into one big bundle of happiness. I could smell cinnamon rolls from the Gardner’s house, a bonfire from the farm behind us, the crinkly leaves that I was walking on, and the freshness of the leather on my new backpack. I smiled, and got on my bike and pushed myself off with my new Converse that my Aunt Debby from New York gave to me. I looked around me as I coasted down the hill, and waved as I passed neighbors walking to school or coming from the McDonald’s that was recently put in in the town. I arrived at the school thirty minutes early, and locked my bike on the bike rack. 
“Hey Casey!” I waved at my best friend, Casey Williams, who’s mom just dropped her off. 
“Eli!” She smiled and waved. Everyone calls me ‘Elly’ or ‘Eli’ because ‘Elinor’ sounds like an old lady’s name. No offense to any old ladies out there.
Casey ran to me and hugged me.
“Girl! I haven’t seen you in weeks! New York was so cool!” Casey grinned as she pulled out her camera to show me pictures. The Williams always went on such cool trips; daddy and I would usually just go on a road trip to Williamsburg or to Acadia National Park. Not that that’s not fun; it’s just that I’ve always wanted to go to New York and Miami, and not some stuffy museum where some dead, old writer is.
“So, applied to Princeton yet?” Casey asked me. Princeton was my life-time goal; I maybe want to be a writer when I’m older, or maybe an English teacher.
“No, you know how I feel about it.” I shrugged. “We don’t have enough money anyways, and I could never leave home.” No matter how much I wanted to go to Princeton, I could never move away from Harrison. It has always been my home, and it always will be.
“Well, maybe when you graduate.” Casey smiled. “Come on; I need to tell you about my trip!” Casey pulled my arm, and, smiling, I ran to keep up with her. Casey always was the kind of person to act like she had three Red Bulls, when what she really had was a teaspoon of sugar on her Cheerios; which was why I think we got along so well.
The day whizzed past quickly. Already our teachers were dishing out homework like it was apple pie. I made several new friends already, and maybe a few new enemies. I jumped on my bike and waved to Casey as I ran out the doors.
I slipped on my iPod earbuds, and put on some ABBA, and biked down to the river. There was a small river running through Harrison, and a secluded small ledge leaning over it. I claimed it as my secret little spot; the place that I went to when I was stressed, happy, or just plain wanted to go there. I leaned my bike against a tree, and stretched out on the ledge, my head resting on my hands. I sighed contentedly and smiled. Could life get any better than this? I had the (almost) perfect dad, a wonderful best friend, and I lived in the best place in the world.
I flipped out a copy of Teen Vogue out of my messenger bag, and started reading it. This was the one time during the day where I could be alone, and just relax. As I started reading an article about the latest Chanel show, singing along to “Take a Chance on Me”, a voice startled me.
“Wow, your voice is good!” I jumped, and looked around. Oh, please don’t be a perv!
A tall teen boy came out of the forest, with a backpack.
“Who are you?” I asked. He sat down and put his backpack on the ground. It had various pins and patches on it, but, thankfully, no had skulls or other creepy things; just Chinese symbols, NFL and NBA patches, and one or two skateboards. Sweet.
“Ricky Xyaing. My family just moved here from California.” He definitely looked Asian, with his pale skin, black side-swept hair, and a slight accent.
“Cool. I’m Elinor Harper-Mercer, but you can just call me either ‘Eli’, or ‘Elly’.” I explained about my name’s origin and why I shortened it.
“That’s cool; I’m named ‘Ricky’ after the dude who gave us a loan to move from China.” He smiled, and we laughed.
“So you’re from China? That’s pretty neat. I’m learning Chinese next semester!” Maybe I’d get some help from him. And maybe a date for the Halloween dance.
“Umm...” He fidgeted with his fingers. “I only know a little Chinese.” He laughed. “I was born right after we came to America, and never got around to learning it, except a few names and basic stuff.” I laughed.
“Really? Well, that stinks.” I grinned. I checked my watch. Quarter ‘til four. “Hey, I have to go; I need to make dinner for my dad. But are you going to Harrison High?”
“No, I’m going to a Catholic school just outside town. We live here, but my parents wanted me to have a ‘higher’ education.” 
“Oh. Well, see you around, then!” I waved goodbye, and grabbed my bag.
“Bye!” Ricky smiled. “Hey, add me on Facebook!” He shouted as I made my way into the forest.
“Will do!” I shouted back, smiling. Maybe I’d get that date after all.

Chapter Two

On Saturday, I woke up early. Early meaning around 9:30. Casey and I planned on going to the mall 20 miles away in Germaine; her brother had his license and wanted to apply for jobs up there, so that worked out just fine. I put on a dark denim mini skirt and I tossed on a black lace camisole and a purple sweatshirt that was cut halfway over that. I slid on my Vans, and grabbed my purse, an adorable Dooney and Bourke. I always liked to find a way to mix sporty and feminine together.
Casey’s brother, Jake, picked me up around eleven, in his new pick-up truck.
“Hey Jake!” I called as I waved to him. He waved back, and unlocked the door. 
“Where’s Casey?” I asked, looking around in the car.
“She’s at school; she had to pick up some papers for a field trip.” Jake explained. “Where are you guys going?” 
Every month we went on a field trip to an ‘educational’ place, deemed by the esteemed board of our educators. Or whatever museum had a ticket sale or something.
“We’re going to the Civil War History Museum. There’s a lecture going on about a nearby battle or something.” I yawned. “Probably another attempt to corrupt our minds.” I joked, and Jake laughed. Jake and I were like brother and sister, not in the romantic way at all. We used to go fishing by the creek when we were little, and go trick-or-treating together. There’s only a two-year age difference in us, and I guess we were always friends.
We pick Casey up, and drive to the mall. During the thirty minutes that we spend driving, we play “Guess that Stereotype”, where we look out the window and make up a story about the person driving next to us. Jake is a One Republic freak, so we listened to “Apologize” about a million times until we practically memorized it (not that we didn’t have it memorized already).
When we got to the mall, he dropped us off, letting us know that he’d be back around 4:30, which left us about five hours.
“Come on; let’s go to Forever 21.” Casey said. She was kinda a preppy-girly girl, while I was the punk-kinda feminine mix. We rummaged through racks for hours. Well, it was really only 30 minutes.
“Eli!!! Casey squealed as I was inspecting a pair of magenta skinny jeans. I ran over.
“What?” I asked.
“Look!!!” She held up an adorable black minidress. It was an adorable bubbly dress and was sleeveless.
“It’s on sale, your size, and would look great with your hair and these silk heels!” She held out her hands, which had heels dangling from them.
“How much?” I asked enthusiastically.
“Umm... $95.00.” She said, then jumped. “It’s in your budget!” We squealed and hugged.
“Hey, can I join the group hug?” A familiar voice said behind us. I turned around, and it was Ricky.
“Ricky, what are you doing here?” I asked; more an exclamation than a question.
“I’m on my lunch break; I work at the Chik-Fil-A here.” He smiled.
“Dude, way to be all creeper-ish on us.” Casey muttered.
“Oh, yeah. This is Casey. We’ve been friends since, well, forever, actually, and we were shopping and maybe looking for something for the Halloween dance at school.” I smiled. Hint-hint.
“You have dances at your school? The only get-together with friends at my school are potlucks held in the summer.” He rolled his eyes while Casey and I laughed.
“Where do you even go to school?” Casey asked.
“St. Francis’s Catholic School for Boys. It’s a great fun-filled place.” Ricky said sarcastically. “Let’s go get some lunch; do you guys like Chik-Fil-A? I can probably get a discount!” He asked.
“Sure!” Casey and I said in unison.
We went over to the food court, and Ricky went to go get us our food.
“So, are you guys boyfriend-girlfriend now?” Casey asked.
“No, I just met him on Monday. At the creek, you know, at my spot?”
“How did he find out about it?” She asked.
“I don’t know. He goes to St. Francis’s over here. I guess he lives in Harrison because it’s smaller and homier. We’re friends on Facebook, and he used to live in China, then California, then Kansas, then here.”
“Wow, talk about moving.” She laughed.
“Yeah, I guess.” I looked over. Ricky was still in line. Good. “He’s kinda cute, though. And nice. I mean, what kind of casual acquaintance just buys you lunch?” Casey sighed a fake, dreamy sigh. I punched her jokingly in the arm.
“Stop that!” She said, smiling. Ricky came back to the table with our lunch.
“Whoa, break it up! Play nice or you can’t play together!” He joked. 
“Yay! Does that mean that if I’m mean to her, we get to get away from each other?” I asked gleefully. 
“Hey!” Casey said, pretending to look hurt. Ricky laughed.
“Are you guys always like this?” He asked, confused.
“Yep.” I said. “Best friends, then ten seconds later, worst enemies.” Casey and I laughed.
“Yeah. I still don’t understand you Americans after sixteen years of living here.” He said.
“Haha yeah. You’re an American too, you know!” Casey said.
“So?” He replied, smiling and digging into his food. Casey and I grinned at each other, then began to eat as well.
When Ricky’s lunch break was up at Chik-Fil-A, he waved good-bye to us. I thanked him for the lunch, and he thanked us for eating with him.

“OK, either that guy is the modern day Casanova, or he’s just plain nice and dreamy.” I said as we left in Jake’s car.
“Who is?” Jake asked.
“Ricky Xyaing.” I explained how we met and what he did.
“Watch out; he might be Jack the Ripper re-incarnated and in disguise.” He said in a serious voice.
“Haha Jake.” Casey said. “Urban myth time!” she whispered to me. I rolled my eyes at her, and we laughed. When we were little, Jake would always scare us by telling us scary stories and urban myths. I still remember him telling me the story of the Licked Hand. I shudder, thinking about it. He was also big on calling me and breathing deeply into the phone when I was babysitting or home alone. He got Casey to sneak in too, on one unfortunate accident, and make noise upstairs and told him what I was wearing so he could tell me and scare me to death. We were always playing pranks on each other like that.

On Sunday, I woke up early and got ready for church. Here in Harrison, everyone went to church. If it wasn’t their religion, tough. It was more like a socializing tool for everyone than an actual church. So wether you were Arab or Catholic, Lutheran or Mormon, every went to church.
I dressed in a nice, slim dress that was brown silk with a leaf pattern, and some brown pumps. I put on my thin, gold cross necklace, and let my hair fall down on my shoulders. I put on a thin jacket, because the dress had short sleeves.
Daddy got in our small Honda, and we left. We got there about fifteen minutes early, so we were able to find our seats, then mingle around saying our good-mornings to everyone. I spotted Casey in the crowd, and went over to her.
“Hey, what’s up?” I asked
“Just the usual. Creepy stalker guy hasn’t kidnapped me yet, my brother just noticed that he was in love with you, and I got my testing results back from MIT.” Casey said sarcastically. “So, what’s new with you?” She asked.
“Wait, back up a little bit. Ricky isn’t a creepy stalked guy, and since when did your brother fall in love with me? I was here forever, and he never asked me to a dance, to the movies, or to anything else! He had sixteen years to ask me, and he never did.” I looked towards the pulpit. No pastor. Good; I thought to myself. We can still talk.
“Maybe he always thought you were his. Maybe he needed to see someone else in the competition before he realized that he loved you.” Casey explained. I looked over towards the William's bench. Jake was there, sullenly reading his Bible.
“I need to go. But when I get home, get on AIM. We have a lot to talk about.” As I walked back to our bench, I thought. Did he really love me and need me? If he did, why didn’t he show it earlier?
As Reverend Downing started preaching on how our lives are like seasons, I thought about that. Maybe this season of my life was the season of growing. Growing hate, growing love, and growing suspicious. I leaned back and sighed. I had a lot to think about this morning.

Chapter Three

It was soon October, and not much had changed. Ricky still hadn’t asked me to the Halloween dance, and so hadn’t Jake. Speaking of Jake, he was still normal, old Jake. We still went on bike rides to the park, and walked Magellan, Jake’s beagle. We still would go to school together, which turned into an aggressive race on bikes. He still hadn’t said he loved me, or showed any feelings other than what we’ve shown for sixteen years.
Casey was normal again; we were going trick-or-treating as Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn. I’d be Grace, with my blonde hair, and she’d be Audrey, with her dark brunette hair. Ricky was coming with us; we persuaded him to be Tyrone Power; he could slick his hair back and wear a suit. I asked Jake to come (he could be Cary Grant), but he said he was busy. I asked Casey what he was doing, and she said he was just going to stay home and watch the Twilight Zone.

The week before the dance, my phone started ringing to “Hot n Cold” by Katy Perry. I answered it.
“Yo?” I said.
“Hey, Eli? It’s Ricky.” Ricky spoke into the phone. I smiled.
“Hey! What’s up?” I asked as I plopped down on my bed.
“Not much; I wanted to ask you something.” Awkward pause. “Umm, do you want to go to the Halloween dance with me?” He asked. I did the moonwalk.
“Yes! Sure! I’d love to!” I grinned. I did the Thriller, and on the other line, I could hear him grinning too.
“Great! I’ll pick you up at around five, and maybe we could grab a bite to eat?” He asked.
“Sure; that’d be great!” I grinned again. “The dance is at seven, so that will work out perfectly.” Silence again.
“Good! See you next week, then!” He said goodbye, and hang up. I danced, and did a cartwheel. I quickly dialed Casey’s number. 
“Hello?” She said.
“Gutten dag, iz diz da rezidenze of Herr Guutenbergh?” I asked in a silly German accent. We always did this when we were little, and it was still fun to do now.
“Shut up Eli. What is it?” She asked jokingly.
“Hey girl, guess who just called and asked me to the dance?” I said excitedly.
“He didn’t!!!” She said, and I could almost hear her smiling on the other line.
“He did!!!” I said, almost screaming.
“No! Really?” She asked, baffled.
“Really!!! We’re now kinda-official couple!” I screamed, dancing. 
“Good for you! Now we can have a double-date! See you tomorrow at school!” She said.
I woke up early, and dressed in layered hot pink, orange, and electric green camisoles. I wore my stone-washed skinny jeans, and a black zip-up hoodie. As I slid on my Converse with neon stripes, I grinned. I was now officially ‘taken’. No longer single. I walked down to the end of my driveway, holding onto my bike with one hand; my messenger bag in the other.
Casey and Jake were there at the doors, waiting for me.
“Hey guys!” I waved. They waved back. I locked my bike on the bike rack, and walked over to them.

I felt like I was floating all day long. Jake hadn’t said anything, so I guess he wasn’t mad at me or anything.
After school, we went to the drugstore around the corner, to get style magazines and makeup for the dance. It was only in a week.
“So, who are you going with?” I asked as I flipped through ‘Hair and Style’.
“Sam Grove.” She replied as she skimmed through ‘Elle’, a smile tugging at the corner of her mouth.
“No way!” Casey smiled. I went on. “The quarterback on the football team?” 
“Yep!” She replied, putting a ‘Vogue’ down.
“What are you wearing?” I grabbed a ‘US Weekly’.
“I found this adorable blue dress, sort of like yours only a little different.” She replied as she glanced at a ‘Prom 2009’. “Come on; let’s go to your house!” She said, and pulled me out of the store.
We checked out, and left for my house. We were doing our ‘mock trial’. It’s where we dress up, do our hair and makeup, and see how we like our clothes and stuff.
I curled my hair, and put it in a bun. I put on silver eyeshadow with black lining, and put on some perfect lipstick and some mascara. I slid on my dress and heels, and looked in my huge mirror. Wow.
Casey came out in her blue minidress, that looked perfect with her red hair. She looks really good in midnight blue.
“We’re going to have so much fun!” I shrieked as we hugged each other.

The day of the dance finally arrived, and we were at my house getting ready. 
“So, how do you like my hair?” I let it down, curled like it was earlier. Casey grinned, and put her thumbs up. Her hair was curled and over her shoulders, and she looked like Amy Adams. I was just putting on a black shawl, when a car honked. 
Casey and I looked at each other, and grinned. Our dates had put their money together to rent a limo; it was kind of like a double-date.
We ran out the door and got into the limo.
“Hey Ricky!” I said as I slid into the limo. I waved at Sam as he pinned a corsage on Casey. 
“Hi Eli!” Ricky replied, pinning on my corsage. “Wow. You look, well, stunning!” He smiled, and gently kissed my cheek. Inside, I grinned. My first almost-kiss. We arrived at the school in a few minutes, and walked into the gym together. The dance committee had gone with a masquerade theme; Casey and I donned our masks. Mine was black silk with some nice beading, and hers was a creamy color with brown trim. The guys were wearing masks kinda like Zorro’s, and escorted us into the gym.
The DJ was jamming a sick beat, and we started dancing. I grinned. My first dance. I looked around at the crowd; there was Brittany and Matt, Jessica and Chris, Sara and Lewis, and all the other couples. I smiled as Casey and I started dancing to Katy Perry.
Casey and I started singing, or screaming, along.
“You change your mind! Like a girl changes clothes!” We sang along with the song in unison until Ricky pulled me away.
“Guess what?” He said as we danced.
“What?” I asked.
“I asked my parents, and they’re transferring me here!” 
“No way!” I exclaimed.
“Way!” He grinned, and took my hand. “Let’s go get something to drink!” He led me over to the refreshment stand.
“So... When are you starting here?” I asked.
“Next semester. And now we can see each other all the time!” He grinned, and twirled me around. I laughed, and smiled. I looked over at Jake, who was talking with some of his friends. Our eyes met, and he smiled a sad smile.

“That. Was. Epic!” Casey exclaimed as we collapsed on my bed. I giggled, and kicked off my heels. It was around one in the morning, and I was exhausted.
“So, did you guys kiss?” Casey sat on my bed with her head resting on her hands.
“Yeah... Did you and Sam?” I asked, smiling.
“Epically.” We laughed. 
“I’m going to go change. Why don’t you get your sleeping bag out?” I grabbed my pajamas, and went into my bathroom. Casey was sleeping over, and we were going to go to the orchard tomorrow to pick apples. And eat them. I slid on my plaid shorts and a black tank top. I let my hair down, and brushed it out. I leaned against my sink, and sighed contentedly. I opened the bathroom door, and walked to my room.
“Come on, let’s hit the sack. I’m exhausted.” I said as I slid into my bed.
“Ok.” Casey got into her sleeping bag. “Me too.” 
I rolled over, and drifted off to sleep, dreaming about tomorrow.

Last edited by Sweet&Sour on Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added more chapters (:)
Back to top Go down
http://thesoundofmyvendetta.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies.   *UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 5:36 am

[well...i used Harrison as a character name before]
love the story!
Back to top Go down
Hanna (:
Hanna (:

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies.   *UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 7:01 am

[oh lol xD I like the name for a town lol]

Thanksies! =)

Here's the next chapter:

CHAPTER TWO

On Saturday, I woke up early. Early meaning around 9:30. Casey and I planned on going to the mall 20 miles away in Germaine; her brother had his license and wanted to visit his girlfriend up there, so that worked out just fine. I put on a dark denim mini skirt and I tossed on a black lace camisole and a purple sweatshirt that was cut halfway over that. I slid on my Vans, and grabbed my purse, an adorable Dooney and Bourke. I always liked to find a way to mix sporty and feminine together.
Casey’s brother, Jake, picked me up around eleven, in his new pick-up truck.
“Hey Jake!” I called as I waved to him. He waved back, and unlocked the door. 
“Where’s Casey?” I asked, looking around in the car.
“She’s at school; she had to pick up some papers for a field trip.” Jake explained. “Where are you guys going?” 
Every month we went on a field trip to an ‘educational’ place, deemed by the esteemed board of our educators. Or whatever museum had a ticket sale or something.
“We’re going to the Civil War History Museum. There’s a lecture going on about a nearby battle or something.” I yawned. “Probably another attempt to corrupt our minds.” I joked, and Jake laughed. Jake and I were like brother and sister, not in the romantic way at all. We used to go fishing by the creek when we were little, and go trick-or-treating together. There’s only a two-year age difference in us, and I guess we were always friends.
We pick Casey up, and drive to the mall. During the thirty minutes that we spend driving, we play “Guess that Stereotype” and other games. Jake is a One Republic and Timbaland freak, so we listened to “Apologize” about a million times until we practically memorized it.
When we got to the mall, he dropped us off, letting us know that he’d be back around 4:30, which left us about three hours.
“Come on; let’s go to Forever 21.” Casey said. She was kinda a preppy-girly girl, while I was the punk-kinda feminine mix. We rummaged through racks for hours. Well, it was really only 30 minutes.
“Eli!!! Casey squealed as I was inspecting a pair of magenta skinny jeans. I ran over.
“What?” I asked.
“Look!!!” She held up an adorable black minidress with a hot pink silk sash. It was ruffled on the bottom a little bit, had one of those little thin black lace layers over the silver silk with a pattern, and was sleeveless. It had a black halter with silver embroidery.
“It’s on sale, your size, and would look great with your hair and these silk heels!” She held out her hands, which had heels dangling from them.
“How much?” I asked enthusiastically.
“Umm... $125.00.” She said, then jumped. “It’s in your budget!” We squealed and hugged.
“Hey, can I join the group hug?” A familiar voice said behind us. I turned around, and it was Ricky.
“Ricky, what are you doing here?” I asked; more an exclamation than a question.
“I’m on my lunch break; I work at the Chik-Fil-A here.” He smiled.
“Dude, way to be all creaper-ish on us.” Casey muttered.
“Oh, yeah. This is Casey. We’ve been friends since, well, forever, actually, and we were shopping and maybe looking for something for the Halloween dance at school.” I smiled. Hint-hint.
“You have dances at your school? The only get-together with friends at my school are potlucks held in the summer.” He rolled his eyes while Casey and I laughed.
“Where do you even go to school?” Casey asked.
“St. Francis’s Catholic School for Boys. It’s a great fun-filled place.” Ricky said sarcastically. “Let’s go get some lunch; do you guys like Chik-Fil-A? I work there.” He asked.
“Sure!” Casey and I said in unison.
We went over to the food court, and Ricky went to go get us our food.
“So, are you guys bf-gf now?” Casey asked.
“No, I just met him on Monday. At the creek, you know, at my spot?”
“How did he find out about it?” She asked.
“I don’t know. He goes to St. Francis’s over here. I guess he lives in Harrison because it’s smaller and homier. We’re friends on FaceBook, and he used to live in China, then California, then Kansas, then here.”
“Wow, talk about moving.” She laughed.
“Yeah, I guess.” I looked over. Ricky was still in line. “He’s kinda cute, though. And nice. I mean, what kind of casual acquaintance just buys you lunch?” Casey sighed a fake, dreamy sigh. I punched her jokingly in the arm.
“Stop that!” She said, smiling. Ricky came back to the table with our lunch.
“Whoa, break it up! Play nice or you can’t play together!” He joked. 
“Yay! Does that mean that if I’m mean to her, we get to get away from each other?” I asked gleefully. 
“Hey!” Casey said, pretending to look hurt. Ricky laughed.
“Are you guys always like this?” He asked, confused.
“Yep.” I said. “Best friends, then ten seconds later, worst enemies.” Casey and I laughed.
“Yeah. I still don’t understand you Americans after sixteen years of living here.” He said.
“Haha yeah. You’re an American too, you know!” Casey said.
“So?” He replied, smiling and digging into his food. Casey and I grinned at each other, then began to eat as well.
When Ricky’s lunch break was up at Chik-Fil-A, he waved good-bye to us. I thanked him for the lunch, and he thanked us for eating with him.

“OK, either that guy is the modern day Casanova, or he’s just plain nice and dreamy.” I said as we left in Jake’s car.
“Who is?” Jake asked.
“Ricky Xyaing.” I explained how we met and what he did.
“Watch out; he might be Jack the Ripper re-incarnated and in disguise.” He said in a serious voice.
“Haha Jake.” Casey said. “Urban myth time!” she whispered to me. I rolled my eyes at her, and we laughed. When we were little, Jake would always scare us by telling us scary stories and urban myths. I still remember him telling me the story of the Licked Hand. I shudder, thinking about it. He was also big on calling me and breathing deeply into the phone when I was babysitting or home alone. He got Casey to sneak in too, on one unfortunate accident, and make noise upstairs and tell him what I was wearing so he could tell me. We were always playing pranks on each other like that.

On Sunday, I woke up early and got ready for church. Here in Harrison, everyone went to church. If it wasn’t their religion, tough. It was more like a socializing tool for everyone than an actual church.
I dressed in a nice, slim dress that was brown silk with a leaf pattern, and some brown pumps. I put on my thin, gold cross necklace, and let my hair fall down on my shoulders. I put on a thin jacket, because the dress had short sleeves.
Daddy got in our small Honda, and we left. We got there about fifteen minutes early, so we were able to find our seats, then mingle around saying our good-mornings to everyone. I spotted Casey in the crowd, and went over to her.
“Hey, what’s up?” I asked
“Just the usual. Creepy stalker guy hasn’t kidnapped me yet, my brother just noticed that he was in love with you, and I got my testing results back from MIT.” Casey said sarcastically. “So, what’s new with you?” She asked.
“Wait, back up a little bit. Ricky isn’t a creepy stalked guy, and since when did your brother fall in love with me? I was here forever, and he never asked me to a dance, to the movies, or to anything else! He had fifteen years to ask me, and he never did.” I looked towards the pulpit. No pastor. Good; I thought to myself. We can still talk.
“Maybe he always thought you were his. Maybe he needed to see someone else in the competition before he realized that he loved you.” Casey explained. I looked over towards the William's bench. Jake was there, sullenly reading his Bible.
“I need to go. But when I get home, get on AIM. We have a lot to talk about.” As I walked back to our bench, I thought. Did he really love me and need me? If he did, why didn’t he show it earlier?
As Reverend Downing started preaching on how our lives are like seasons, I thought about that. Maybe this season of my life was the season of growing. I leaned back and sighed. I had a lot to think about this morning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies.   *UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 7:39 am

[haha(:]

even better than the 1st! (::
Back to top Go down
Hanna (:
Hanna (:

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies.   *UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:26 am

awww thanks!! Im working on the third; it'll be ready in a day or two. (i had those laying around on my computer so i decided to post them lol)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies.   *UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 5:49 am

Double post, may I delete it, and add the second chapter to the first post?

I love real stories on WB. *UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies. Icon_smile Good job.
Back to top Go down
Hanna (:
Hanna (:

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies.   *UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 6:35 am

It's not a double post; Vivi posted before me, but must've deleted it. But yeah, you can add it.

Thanks! I'll add the third chapter when I'm done; I'm about halfway through it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies.   *UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 6:44 am

It's the same thing twice, though... o.o
Back to top Go down
Hanna (:
Hanna (:

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies.   *UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 6:46 am

oh! xD Lol my bad!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies.   *UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 6:55 am

Okay, I deleted the second post. :P
Back to top Go down
Hanna (:
Hanna (:

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies.   *UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 7:00 am

lol sorry :P
Back to top Go down
Hanna (:
Hanna (:

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies.   *UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 4:57 am

I added more Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies.   *UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*UPDATED* Confessions, Digressions, and Absolute Lies.
Page 1 of 1