Webkinz Beach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME Rules in mind.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ray
Ray

Female
Number of posts : 1898
Nickname: : Rayne, Raynie
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME Empty
PostSubject: science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME   science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 9:33 am

science[word processor]::
in microsoft works word processor, does anyone know how to make it from single spaced to double spaced? so I don't have to like, keep hitting extra enters?

math::
anyone know how to do these thing, they called...*checks online book printouts*...matrix operations or matrices?

[3 -2]+[4 13]
[5 1] [-8 -2]

^^those things?^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME   science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 9:49 am

science[word processor]::
in microsoft works word processor, does anyone know how to make it from single spaced to double spaced? so I don't have to like, keep hitting extra enters?
on word, if you have 2007, on the home tab is a little icon that looks like two arrows, one pointing up and one pointing down, next to a bunch of lines, click on that and hit "2.0". if you have word 2003, then it should be in the toolbar at the top of the document.
math::
anyone know how to do these thing, they called...*checks online book printouts*...matrix operations or matrices?

[3 -2]+[4 13]
[5 1] [-8 -2]

^^those things?^^
i haven't taken this in 4 years, so i don't know the term matrice, but just do order of operations (perentheses, exponents, multiply, divide, add, subtract). So do whatever is in the parentheses first, then in the first expression, add, and in the 2nd, multiply. does this help?
Back to top Go down
Ray
Ray

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME   science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 9:58 am

thanks lil!

but for the math, there isn't like parentheses or any of that, like, the brackets on top of each other, are one giant bracket but I don't have a key for that. the teacher said like you add the top left and top left and you get the top left, and the bottom left and the bottom left you get the bottom left, but that's really confussing. o.o
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME   science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:52 am

Sorry, without the symbols I cant help. Symbols are really important when it comes to solving
Back to top Go down
Ray
Ray

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME   science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:04 am

that's okay, Ill just ask her tomorrow. thanks for trying. ;]
Back to top Go down
holagurl175
holagurl175

Female
Number of posts : 16089
Nickname: : Natalie(Nat)
Princess<3
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: Moon HighSchool- Lorrraine

PostSubject: Re: science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME   science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 3:23 am

Matrices are EASY! You just add across by their position. Like in:

[3 -2]+[4 13]
[5 1] [-8 -2]

You would add 3 and 4, -2 and 13, 5 and -8, and 1 and -2. So you would get:

[7 11]
[-3 -1]
Back to top Go down
Ray
Ray

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME   science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:54 am

yeah! that's what she ment by top left and stuff! hah, I asked her today.
Back to top Go down
holagurl175
holagurl175

Female
Princess<3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME   science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 7:33 am

Haha. Yeahhh, simple basics. Haha
Back to top Go down
_furryfurby
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11479
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: https://webkinzbeach.forumotion.net/furry-s-rp-characters-h6.htm

PostSubject: Re: science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME   science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 7:35 am

well, isn't this cool. we just learned about this today, haha.
Back to top Go down
holagurl175
holagurl175

Female
Princess<3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME   science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 7:40 am

Haha. Seriously? Wait, wht grade r u in Dani??
Back to top Go down
_furryfurby
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11479
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: https://webkinzbeach.forumotion.net/furry-s-rp-characters-h6.htm

PostSubject: Re: science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME   science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 10:28 am

eighth.. and this was the first time i heard of matrics, lol.
Back to top Go down
Ray
Ray

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME   science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 10:41 am

this was the first time I heard of them too. she put them on the board, we all loked at eachother like "wtf" 'you've never had these, oh my gosh, sorry' is her reply, it was funny actually.
Back to top Go down
holagurl175
holagurl175

Female
Princess<3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME   science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:24 pm

Oh ok. I learned them in 8th too. I thought u were in highskl Dani. Haa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME   science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:06 am

Yeah, i learned about them in 7th, which is why i was so totally confused.
Back to top Go down
holagurl175
holagurl175

Female
Princess<3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME   science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:40 am

Haha. I cant even remember wht I learned in 7th grade.
Back to top Go down
Ray
Ray

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME   science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 7:04 am

OKAY, MORE MATH HELP PLEASE!

Investing Money: You recieve $5000, You decide to invest the money in a one-year bond paying 2% interest and a one-year certificate of deposite paying 6% interest.

75.) Let m represent the amount of money invested in the one-year bond. Write a function that represents the total amount of money T that you have after one Year. Simplify the function.

76.) If you invest $2000 in the one-year bond, how much money do you have after one year? What if you invest $3000 in the one-year bond?

Okay. I think I can do 76 is someone helps me with 75. Please??

Last edited by Forever_Cry on Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME   science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 7:24 am

Is it

2% interest and a one-year

or

2% interest in a one-year
Back to top Go down
Ray
Ray

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME   science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 7:32 am

Oh wait, are you talking about just right before the stuff about the one-year certificate. Because that's suppoused to be an and.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME   science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:18 am

lol thats what i thought, because otherwise it would have made little sense (it was possible, but just not ordinary)

So I have the equations, but I'm having trouble explaining it without just giving away the answer. so here goes:

If m is the money in the one year bond, and you get 2% interest on it, at the end of the year, you will have all 100% of that money, plus 2%. So you'll have 102%. Now, that is 1.02 in decimal form. So you put 1.02 x m.

Now, if m is the amount of money invested in the one year bond, how do we represent the money invested in the certificate? You invest 5000 total, so in order to figure out how much money left, you take m, and subtract it from 5000. So (5000-m). At the end of that year you will have 106% of that money, so 1.06(5000-m)

Now, you have 1.02m and 1.06(5000-m). The total money is T, so you add both what you have at the end with the bond and with the certificate to equal T. 1.02m + 1.06(5000-m)=T.

Do you understand?

Now, for the 2nd problem, just substitute 2000 for m and solve.
Back to top Go down
Ray
Ray

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME   science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:40 am

omg, that actually made sense! thanks Lil! you are my savior. XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME   science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:48 am

no problem (: glad that made sense!
Back to top Go down
holagurl175
holagurl175

Female
Princess<3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME   science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 7:51 am

Lily! U just helped me too! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME   science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

science(well, word processor actually] and math HELP ME
Page 1 of 1