Webkinz Beach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME Rules in mind.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

~The Darkest Powers RP~ [Finished!] (3 Spots needed!)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
cheekney921
Geek
Geek
cheekney921

Female
Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

~The Darkest Powers RP~ [Finished!] (3 Spots needed!) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: ~The Darkest Powers RP~ [Finished!] (3 Spots needed!)   ~The Darkest Powers RP~ [Finished!] (3 Spots needed!) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am

First topic message reminder :

"You're all experiments... Little lab rats they use... If we Supernaturals can't stop
them, the least we can do is stop giving them the subjects to experiment on..."

The Edison Group has always dedicated itself to the genetic modification of those Supernaturals of whom are uncontrolling of their powers. Such terms apply mostly to subjects in the midst of puberty, the group monitoring progress and development through processes of rehabilitation.

"The blessing of supernatural powers is tempered by two serious disadvantages: dangerous or unpleasant side effects and the constant struggle to assimilate into human society. This study attempts to reduce or eliminate these disadvantages through genetic modification.

The DNA of five subjects from five of the major races was modified in vitro. This modification was primarily designed to reduce side effects of supernatural powers. It was expected that reducing these effects would aid assimilation, but this was further tested by raising twenty of the children in ignorance of their heritage. The remaining five served as a control group and were raised as supernaturals. During the intervening years, the study experienced some subject attrition, though contact has been reestablished with most.

As the remaining subjects proceed through puberty, side effects have been drastically reduced in nine. However, in those subjects who did not improve, the genetic modification itself has had serious and unexpected side effects.

One problem noted in the nine successful subjects was a general reduction in powers, which may be an unavoidable consequence of reducing negative side effects. It appears, however, that with the unsuccessful subjects, the reverse occurred. Their powers were heightened, as were the negative side effects, particularly sudden onset of these powers and, more seriously, their uncontrollable nature, apparently emotion based.

The powers of supernaturals increase through puberty, meaning the powers of these failed subjects will continue to grow. It can be reasonably hypothesized that their powers will become more volatile and uncontrollable, threatening the lives of the subjects; the lives of innocents around them; and, perhaps most important, posing an immense exposure risk to the entire supernatural world." -quoted from book two, The Awakening

But for once I must admit a downfall amongst our research. Four of our subjects have managed to escape our confinements. The group is essential to the research, the runaways including: Derek Souza, our genetically enhanced werewolf; Simon Bae, our successful sorcerer subject; Victoria Enright, our brattish and tempered witch; and lastly, Chloe Saunders, our own uncontrollable necromancer. Our most important concern is retrieving Souza before he becomes harmful towards others, whether it be humans or our own subjects.

The company had begun to tamper with animal genes about a year before the four escaped, in hopes of creating an instinctual hybrid human. Progress has resulted immensely. Amongst the past other subjects, none have been as intriguing and lucrative as him. Yes, with him, they have reached a new level. He is the first of his kind. His instincts match the wittiest and sharpest of animals. In form, he is simply just another teenage boy. His age doesn't betray that though. The scientists have succeeded in warping his growth and development, causing him to age more rapidly than anyone by using large amounts of hormones. In his rapid aging, he holds the characteristics of a probable seventeen year old, nearly five times the age he should be. They have stopped giving him the huge supplements of hormones in hopes that the aging will subside. All observations have concluded that all growth has stopped, leaving him the neutral look, and personality, of a seventeen year old.

But the scientists have left him with more animal instinct than they expected. His diet leans more towards what predatorial species might desire. In other words, he wants only blood. Those who monitor throughout his feeds, those of which usually include live prey animals, always report of suddenly grown fangs. I have not seen such a thing and therefore cannot confirm. Along with his hidden fangs, the scientists reported having found drops of venom in some of the animal corpses he had fed on. As long as he is fed frequently, he seems to be fine around other people, but you can tell he's resisting an inner urge. He's shown in every way that he's in control and has a mind and personality like none other. The Edison Group has unanimously agreed he is the perfect subject to send out and retrieve the runaways. The subject has already agreed to cooperate in exchange for his freedom. If he does succeed and we free him, a part of me fears that this... thing we've created... might turn out to be a monster. I'm afraid we've created a super enhanced, hybrid human, and along with it, a vampire...

~Dr. Davidoff,

Head Researcher,

The Edison Group

Two and a half years have passed since Derek, Simon, Victoria, and Chloe escaped the Edison Group's clutches, fleeing wherever they can hide in the state of New York. From what the organization tells me, I'm to retrieve them all, even by force if necessary. Apparently I will be accompanied by two specially trained agents, supposedly around the age I appear to be, to reassure the Edison Group of my inescaping. Like I would even think of it. I've already agreed to trade the other Supernaturals' captures for my freedom. The last thing I'd do is turn my back on them. But my instructions are clear and simple. Once I bring back the others, I'm gone. For me, there will be no turning back.

~Slade, the vampiric subject being sent to retrieve the runaways

We are in need of the following characters/roles:
-Derek Souza*
-Simon Bae*
-Tori (Victoria) Enright*
-Chloe Saunders*
-Two specially trained agents that travel with Slade
-Scientists/Researchers
-Any made-up Supernatural runaway

*Since this roleplay is based on a book series, these characters already have a completed form to match their same selves in the book.

To join, please fill out the following form:
Name:
Description/Picture:
Personality:
Supernatural species:
{Werewolf, sorcerer, witch, necromancer, or half-demon)
Other:
Secret word: What was the organization's main concern in retrieving the runaways?

I will be playing as the instinctual, hybrid human. *cough* vampire *cough* And Chloe Saunders.

Name: Slade
Description/Picture: He has a tangled mass of dark-brown hair that covers his ears and eyebrows and shady blue eyes that are often mistaken for dark-brown/black eyes. He wears dark-washed blue jeans with a tight gray t-shirt and navy converse. He has a tall and muscular build.
Personality: He is very loyal to his promises. Usually he is very laidback and enjoys the life he has, even if it isn't the best. He can be easily angered by other people though.
Supernatural species: Vampire
Other: He is working for the Edison Group to retrieve runaways in exchange for his freedom
Secret word: What was the organization's main concern in retrieving the runaways?

Name: Chloe Saunders
Description/Picture: She has dyed black hair (Derek made her get rid of her strawberry-blonde hair after the reward went out) and clear blue eyes.
Personality: She's pretty clear-minded in most situations. She looks after everyone and tends to take matters into her own hands at times, despite Derek's constant orders. She's usually nervous about waking the dead, and tends to stumble into trouble.
Supernatural species: Necromancer
Other: Her father has a half million dollar reward out for any knowledge of her whereabouts.
Secret word: What was the organization's main concern about retrieving the runaways?

If you would like to join as one of the four original runaways, please copy/paste whichever character's form you wish to play. I will delete the forms once the character is taken.

Name: Simon Bae
Description/Picture: He has spiky dark-blond hair and brown almond-shaped eyes. He has a tall and slender build. He also has high cheekbones.
Personality: Friendly and comforting. He's almost always in a cheery mood.
Supernatural species: Sorcerer
Other: He is half Korean and has diabetes

Scientists/Researchers/Agents
??

Supernaturals/Runaways
Slade- Vampire {Me}
Chloe- Necromancer {Me}
Tori- Witch {WoLf_MiStReSs}
Ireth-Werewolf {WoLf_MiStReSs}
Roxian- Half-demon {Kitty-Bat}
Damien- Werewolf {Kitty-Bat}
Derek- Werewolf {The Last Avatar}

Done.

Last edited by cheekney921 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:43 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
WoLf_MiStReSs
WoLf_MiStReSs

Female
Number of posts : 14540
Nickname: : MeEr, Mkitty, Wolfie, Moe, Mcat, Missy, Pedro
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: ~The Darkest Powers RP~ [Finished!] (3 Spots needed!)   ~The Darkest Powers RP~ [Finished!] (3 Spots needed!) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:42 am

(anyone here?)
Back to top Go down
cheekney921
Geek
Geek
cheekney921

Female
Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: ~The Darkest Powers RP~ [Finished!] (3 Spots needed!)   ~The Darkest Powers RP~ [Finished!] (3 Spots needed!) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:49 am

((I am. We need avatar to reply tho.))
Back to top Go down
WoLf_MiStReSs
WoLf_MiStReSs

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: ~The Darkest Powers RP~ [Finished!] (3 Spots needed!)   ~The Darkest Powers RP~ [Finished!] (3 Spots needed!) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:51 am

(okay)
Back to top Go down
WoLf_MiStReSs
WoLf_MiStReSs

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: ~The Darkest Powers RP~ [Finished!] (3 Spots needed!)   ~The Darkest Powers RP~ [Finished!] (3 Spots needed!) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:44 am

(ANYONE ON HERE?!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~The Darkest Powers RP~ [Finished!] (3 Spots needed!)   ~The Darkest Powers RP~ [Finished!] (3 Spots needed!) - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

~The Darkest Powers RP~ [Finished!] (3 Spots needed!)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5