Webkinz Beach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME Rules in mind.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Going South- CURRENTLY FULL

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Going South- CURRENTLY FULL Empty
PostSubject: Going South- CURRENTLY FULL   Going South- CURRENTLY FULL I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 12:40 am

Going South

Some birds fly south later than others. Why? I will explain with an old folktale.

Sister Winter and Brother Summer fought in their respective seasons. Their parents, Spring and Autumn were there to stop the chaos during their seasons, bring calm weather. One year, during the spring time, as all the birds were returning from the southern lands, Summer and Winter began to fight.
"The birds are so beautiful! I can't have any of them, though," Winter cried scornfully.
"Not my fault they like the warm weather!" said Summer, stretching, as his mother Spring was about to go to bed for the rest of the year, and the tussle was about to begin. Stirring in his sleep, Father Autumn said grogily, "How about Winter keeps a few birds?"
Winter straightened up. "Why, that would be wonderful!" And so, the cardinal, chickadee, and mourning dove all stay a bit longer with Winter. And now the folktale turns real.

~*~

The fight this year was especially tiring for Sister Winter, and her icy tears and cold screams were plentiful. Everything was freezing. The birds were extremely worried. Their alleigance was about to end, when Sister Winter promised them something.
"You are so ill-equipped for this winter. I have an idea. You can become a human, if you wish. You may be able to cope better in that form," she said. Chickadee perked up, her small head atwitter with thought.
"Sounds great!" she said quickly, tired of the freezing winter. She thought of the robin, probably down in Mexico, in the sunny weather. She wouldn't think of leaving Winter, especially with her tiny wings.
And so, this winter, the birds were nowhere to be found.

CHARACTERS
Chickadee; the small bird has been turned into a petite girl. She is very jittery, but also very naive. She has dark eyes and dark hair, resembalent of her beady eyes and black cap from her old self.
Human age: Approximately 11.
Played by: Sunny
Cardinal; the beautiful red bird has been turned into a striking young man. His slick hair has red streaks, and his eyes are similar Chickadee's, dark and birdlike. He is vain, but charming, and has attracted the eyes of Lady.
Human age: Approximately 17.
Played by: Weedy
Lady; a female cardinal. She was turned into an average girl, mouse brown hair and brown eyes. She was once kept as a pet, hence her name is Lady. She is quiet and sweet. She has her eyes on Cardinal.
Human age: Approximately 15
Played by: Lola
Dove; the mourning dove was turned into a motherly woman. She has graying brown hair, and deep, caring eyes. She is loving, but somewhat shy. She acts as a mother figure to the other birds.
Human age: 30-40
Played by: Rose

To sign up, please state the character you're trying for, and state a few extra details about them. MAKE SURE THEY DO NOT CONFLICT WITH THE DETAILS I HAVE MADE. Dove is not the hippest person in town, nor is Chickadee cool as a cucumber. 'Kay? Insert 'Sister Winter' to let my know you read this.

RULES:
-The standard. No GODLINESS ALLOWED. Mary Sues, Gary Stus, IMMORTAL GODS FROM the underworld, whatever you'd like to call them, perfect people STINK.
-I like grammar. If you don't know me, and my pet peeves, I suggest choosing another RP. Any use of abbreviations during the RP such as:
"Hey Chickadee, ttyl." will result in your innards exploding and me using your intestines as a jumprope. =)
-The RP ends when the winter ends. If this thing is so amazingly popular, I'll extend it.
-No begging.
-No guts or gore, as there really isn't any need for some. =) (Well, except for my description of the punishment of the use of abbreviations.)
That should be it, folks.

Last edited by Sunny Baudelaire on Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:15 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going South- CURRENTLY FULL   Going South- CURRENTLY FULL I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 12:46 am

Lady.
Lady is kinda of dumb at times. But she will ask questions to learn more. She kinda likes Cardinal. Her hair reache sher schoulders, and her brown eyes are always hidding from under think, black eye lashes. Her legs are long. Lady is also very sentive and will speak her mind if you make her mad. She also, always thinks shes right, even if she knows shes wrong.

Sister Winter

Last edited by Massie Block on Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
WritingOtaku
Administrator
Administrator
WritingOtaku

Female
Number of posts : 16456
Nickname: : weedy (I'm now accepting this), GiGi (ONLY LOLA), MGW (Mrs. Gerard Way), Black Kat, Ninja, Kitty, DB, Divine
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: Going South- CURRENTLY FULL   Going South- CURRENTLY FULL I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 12:58 am

Could I have Cardinal?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going South- CURRENTLY FULL   Going South- CURRENTLY FULL I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 2:44 am

Lola, Lady sounds okay except for the stubborn part. In my description, I wrote she is quiet and shy, and she should be. Everything else seems fine. I apoligize if I sound too strict.

Weedy, add a few details to Cardinal and use my form.

Thanks, both, sorry if I came across to harsh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going South- CURRENTLY FULL   Going South- CURRENTLY FULL I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 3:42 am

no its ok! i didnt know if that would be ok.
Back to top Go down
WritingOtaku
Administrator
Administrator
WritingOtaku

Female
Nickname: : weedy (I'm now accepting this), GiGi (ONLY LOLA), MGW (Mrs. Gerard Way), Black Kat, Ninja, Kitty, DB, Divine

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: Going South- CURRENTLY FULL   Going South- CURRENTLY FULL I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 3:56 am

ORP: I know you, and I know you're sorry.

Cardinal:
The beautiful red bird has been turned into a striking young man. His slick hair has red streaks and his eyes are similar to Chickadee's, dark and birdlike. He is vain, but charming, and has attracted the eyes of Lady. He's also smart, but he doesn't always shout out the right answer if someone's wrong. He's friendly and funny, but has a short temper.

Sister Winter
Back to top Go down
PWNED
Administrator
Administrator
PWNED

Female
Number of posts : 8375
Nickname: : Rose
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: First Clan of the forest: ShadowClan;Petalfur, Roseheart: WindClan; Nightsky,Stormpelt: RiverClan; Iceheart, Iceclaw: Magic Cat clan: Roseheart,SunRise SparkleClan: Petalfur, Stormheart, Roseheart, Nightsky, Crowfeather MeadowClan: Frostheart

PostSubject: Re: Going South- CURRENTLY FULL   Going South- CURRENTLY FULL I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 6:40 am

Dove:
The melancholy simple gray bird is patient and kind. Her thin graying frail hair is usually left down creating two dark brown curtains on either side of her face. Her eyes resemble a Dove's, calm and focused. She is caring, patient, and a fine listener. She's also smart, and quite compassionate she isn't fond of alerting people when they are inaccurate. She's friendly and affectionate, but shy. She tends to look out for other and puts others before herself

Sister Winter
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going South- CURRENTLY FULL   Going South- CURRENTLY FULL I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:13 am

Rose and Weedy, both accepted. Once you two are ready, we can begin the RP.
Back to top Go down
WritingOtaku
Administrator
Administrator
WritingOtaku

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: Going South- CURRENTLY FULL   Going South- CURRENTLY FULL I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:28 am

ORP: I'm ready.

*takcles Rose*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going South- CURRENTLY FULL   Going South- CURRENTLY FULL I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:30 am

(me too!! =])
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going South- CURRENTLY FULL   Going South- CURRENTLY FULL I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:50 am

(Okay dokey, you can do it in either perspective. I'm sticking with third.)

Chickadee walked awkwardly, as her head said 'move', her feet progressed like a snail. Mind racing, she twitched and jittered towards the other birds.

(NEIGH NEIGH LADY LOVES CARDINAL)

Last edited by Sunny Baudelaire on Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going South- CURRENTLY FULL   Going South- CURRENTLY FULL I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:51 am

(question: are they in bird or human form?)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going South- CURRENTLY FULL   Going South- CURRENTLY FULL I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 2:06 am

(If you must chat, please do it elsewhere. This is after they are in human form. They are NOT free to switch forms, by the way.)
Back to top Go down
PWNED
Administrator
Administrator
PWNED

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: First Clan of the forest: ShadowClan;Petalfur, Roseheart: WindClan; Nightsky,Stormpelt: RiverClan; Iceheart, Iceclaw: Magic Cat clan: Roseheart,SunRise SparkleClan: Petalfur, Stormheart, Roseheart, Nightsky, Crowfeather MeadowClan: Frostheart

PostSubject: Re: Going South- CURRENTLY FULL   Going South- CURRENTLY FULL I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:36 am

ORP:WEEDY!! *tackles*

RP:Dove waited patiently while Chickadee shuffled slowly she didn't want to leave Chickadee alone she viewed Chickadee as family. Dove's eyes wandered off to see the scenery it was beautiful she slowly exhaled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going South- CURRENTLY FULL   Going South- CURRENTLY FULL I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 4:00 am

Lady hobby walked away, trying to get use to her human feet.Right,left, right,left,right left She tough to her-self. Her dirty blond and brown hair bouched with her every step beause...well..it did. her eyes watched Dove, from under thick black lashes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going South- CURRENTLY FULL   Going South- CURRENTLY FULL I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:36 am

"You're having trouble walking, too?" Chickadee asked squeakily. "How do they do it. . ." she murmured, trying to lift her useless foot to her face. "I'm sorry," she blurted quickly, "I got us into this. . ."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going South- CURRENTLY FULL   Going South- CURRENTLY FULL I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:52 am

Lady nodded about the walking comment. Lady then toke a breath, and nodded,"Its.fine.I.guess." the pretty about 15 year old human mumbled.
Back to top Go down
PWNED
Administrator
Administrator
PWNED

Female

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Going South- CURRENTLY FULL   Going South- CURRENTLY FULL I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:04 am

Dove peered at Lady everything seemed perfect for this pretty 15 year old, Dove somehow had no trouble walking I took even steps I seemed somewhat gracefully
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going South- CURRENTLY FULL   Going South- CURRENTLY FULL I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:05 am

Lady walked Dove's feet, trying to mickine her moves. But had no luck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going South- CURRENTLY FULL   Going South- CURRENTLY FULL I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:57 am

Chickadee hung her head, resting it on her chest. "Do they try to sleep like this?" she asked. She shook her head and quickly brought it up. Staring at the forest around her, she felt dominant. She wasn't a lowly little bird. She was a human! Maybe it wasn't so bad, but she still felt as if she had done something wrong. She shuffled towards the flat horizon, where humans generally were found. She had ventured out, once or twice. . . Chickadee remembered the strange, clear sticks they broke from some strange human bush and filled with food. Not the usual, but it was yummy. She had seen little people staring at her from houses with holes, patched by the strange sticks. And they'd put their wing tips on the holes, and she'd fly from the strange noise, only to return when they left. And now she had the useless wings with flexible tips, and the long legs with the useless feet, and the big head with no beak, and, well, she was different. "We must go there," she said. "Soon."

(Rose and Lola, if you could try to use periods in the correct place, it would be wonderful. =D)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going South- CURRENTLY FULL   Going South- CURRENTLY FULL I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:16 am

(i did that on porouse)

"why?" Lady asked, cooking her head to the side.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going South- CURRENTLY FULL   Going South- CURRENTLY FULL I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:08 am

"I don't see them running around in here too often." Chickadee stared at the setting sun, and was quickly lost in thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going South- CURRENTLY FULL   Going South- CURRENTLY FULL I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:18 am

" Oh. Ok," Lady answered and stoke out her, thin,toned legs out in-front of her, walking toward (Gigi's charrie)
Back to top Go down
WritingOtaku
Administrator
Administrator
WritingOtaku

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: Going South- CURRENTLY FULL   Going South- CURRENTLY FULL I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:56 pm

Cardinal: "This is so..... different." He took a few steps, before needing to grab a tree (well, attempt to grab a tree) to keep his balance. "How do they manage without wings?"
Back to top Go down
PWNED
Administrator
Administrator
PWNED

Female

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Going South- CURRENTLY FULL   Going South- CURRENTLY FULL I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 1:10 pm

Dove murmered shyly "They balence themselves, they use there weight to balence themmselves out evenly so they can walk steadily." as Dove said this she kept a slow steady pace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going South- CURRENTLY FULL   Going South- CURRENTLY FULL I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going South- CURRENTLY FULL
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next