Webkinz Beach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME Rules in mind.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need, again, another title :)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hanna (:
Hanna (:

Female
Number of posts : 1085
Nickname: : I used to be Hannah73
DragonEggs : over-rated. . .
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

Need, again, another title :) Empty
PostSubject: Need, again, another title :)   Need, again, another title :) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 5:02 am

NOTE:

THIS IS AN ORIGINAL WORK THAT IS DONE BY ME. ALL SUBJECTS, PLACES, OR SCENARIOS MAY NOT BE COPIED WITHOUT THE PERMISSION OF THE AUTHOR.

Preface

Their hands clasped together, and he looked down in her starry eyes, as deep as the heavens themselves. The wind was blowing her blonde, almost white, hair every which way, and they stood together there on the sand.
“I don’t want to leave you, Liam.” She said.
“I know you must.” He said. Their tears mixed, and it seemed as if the stars were also mourning.
“When can we meet again?” He asked.
“I don’t know.” She leaned into him, her white sheath dress blowing with the wind. He wrapped his arms around her, as if they would keep her with him. She looked down at her stomach, a slight bulge protruding out.
“What will we name her?” She asked.
“If a boy, Orion; after our favorite constellation. If a girl, Diana, after the most beautiful woman on earth.” He held her closer. “Oh Diana, don’t leave me. Please don’t.” He pleaded.
“Please.” She angrily swiped at a tear falling down her pale face. “You know I can’t control destiny.”
“At least tell me when I can see you again.” He begged her.
“I can’t.” She slipped a thin silver chain into his hands, and kissed him tenderly. One last tear slipped from her eye, sparkling like a diamond, and she vanished into the moonlight.
He looked down at his hands, and saw a thin silver necklace with a small silver arrowhead. He walked back to his boat, sobbing all the way.

Chapter One

“Diana! Hurry up! You’ll be late for school!” A woman yelled up a stairway. A girl got up from her bed and walked over to her closet. She pulled out a dark blue camisole and some light denim jeans. She threw on a black cardigan, and tied a silver chain around her neck, displaying a small silver arrowhead. It was a family memoir, or something like that, but Diana just thought it was cool. She put her black Uggs on and grabbed her purse and backpack.
“Bye Karen.” She waved at a sullen woman hunched over a newspaper.
“You be home for supper now, you hear?” She called. Diana rolled her eyes, and nodded a ‘yes’.

She looked around at her meager home. She and Karen lived in Manhattan, in a neighborhood of apartments. She hopped on her bike and pedaled quickly, taking a deep breath. Ever since her mother died, she was put in foster care. Her Uncle Apollo, her mother’s brother, died after Diana’s mother did. Diana never had a name given to her by her mother, so her uncle named her after her mother, Diana. As for her father, he left a long time ago. Diana never known him, but always felt that she had.

As she got to school, she locked her bike on the bike rack. She pushed her cardigan back on her shoulders, and hugged her purse to her stomach. Her boots made a trail to the doors. It was November, but it had already snowed a deep snow.
She pushed the doors open, and trudged to her locker. She pushed her blonde hair out of her face, and shoved her bag inside.
“Hey Jake!” Diana ran up to a boy with brown hair. 
“Oh, hey Di!” He grinned, his green eyes dancing. “What’s up?” He opened his locker and grabbed a folder.
“Not much.” She peered at his folder. “Still working on college resumes?”
“Yeah. I’m bringing them over to Ms. Mitchell so she can help me on them.” 
“Need me to be a reference?” She asked.
“Oh yeah. Those people at MIT really want references from fifteen year old girls who had me fix their computer when a Trojan got on it.” He grinned, and she shoved him playfully.
“Shut up. You are such a dork!” They laughed, but halted as two girls walked up to them.
“Hey Jake!” One of them cooed, and the other smiled a Hollywood smile.
“Oh, hey... Samantha and Carla?” He said awkwardly. Diana rolled her eyes. Samantha and Carla were the two queen bees of the school. They thought Jake was cute, but Diana never though anything of him other than him being like her brother.
“What’s up?” One of them trilled.
“Him leaving you. Get a life, robots.” Diana pulled Jake away.
The two stood shocked as he walked away.
“I can’t stand them. They make me feel sick!” He said, imitating vomiting. Diana laughed.
“Hey, do you want to hunting this weekend or go to the shooting gallery?” Diana asked. Jake was her hunting buddy; his uncle had a ranch a few hours away in inland New York.
“Sure! I have a final to study for, I think, but it should work out.” Jake said. He was a senior, and was graduating next spring.
“Great! I have to go to classes. See you later!” She waved, and walked off to a classroom. Jake smiled and waved at her, then made his way to his classes.

Diana sat down, and opened her book. The teacher walked in, her frizzy hair piled on top of her head, glasses resting on top of it.
“All right class! Open up your books to page one-hundred and seventy five.” The teacher set her piles of books on the table.
Diana flipped her book open. Good. Hermes. She thought to herself. She loved taking Mythology; she already knew most of the characters and settings. She smiled as she read along with Mrs. Armstrong. She loved the classic love stories, the drama, and all the action. It almost seemed like a part of her.
“Class, describe who Hermes was in three sentences or less.” Mrs. Armstrong barked. Diana
raised her hand almost automatically. Mrs. Armstrong smiled a kind smile and nodded her head for her to go along. You could practically call her the teacher’s pet.
“The son of Zeus and Maia, the messenger of the gods, and god of merchants and thieves, Hermes was portrayed as a herald equipped for traveling, with broad-brimmed hat, winged shoes, and a winged rod. He is the Roman equivalent Mercury.” She smiled.
“Well done. Class, use Diana as an example. She actually studies for tests.” She glared at some jocks in the back, who rolled their eyes. Diana blushed as some kids laughed at her, and looked back down at her book, embarrassed.
Everyone made fun of her because she actually applied herself to her school and work, unlike the rest of them. She didn’t really fit into any clique, which just made things worse. She had fashion, like the Preppy kids; brains like the Geeks; she did a lot of sports like the Jocks; listened to heavy metal like the Goths; skated like the Skater Dudes; and played music like the Band Geeks. So she was pretty much in all of them, making her a freak. She still had friends, like Jake, but they were mostly seniors, and she was a sophomore. There were one or two kids in her neighborhood, but they were all ghetto.

Diana sighed as the bell rang, and left. She felt her stomach toss and turn as she remembered that she had to sing a solo today for chorus. In front of the whole student assembly. In the auditorium. Ughhh... She thought, and made her way to the nurse’s office.
“Hey, I don’t feel good.” Diana sat down on a chair in the room, and held her stomach with her hand.
“What’s wrong?” The sharp nurse asked as she slid her glasses off her gray bun and onto the bridge of her nose.
“I feel sick. Like my stomach and head and stuff.” Diana said, and closed her eyes.
“You the one performing today?” The nurse asked.
“Yeah...” Diana replied.
“You’ll get over it. Now scoot; you have classes to be going to.” The nurse made her way back over to her desk, and sat down. “Go, I have work to be doing.” Diana sighed, and closed the door. School nurses. She looked through the window on the door; the nurse was on MLIA. Diana laughed, and made her way to AP math.
She sat down at a desk, among other geeks and brainiacs in AP classes.
“Hi Diana!” Diana looked up from her desk as the teacher walked in, and opened her Calculus book. She sighed as the teacher rambled on, and closed her eyes, dreading her performance.

It's supposed to be based off the Greek myth of Diana the Huntress, and the Roman goddess, Luna. They're some of my favorite mythology subjects, so go figure ;)
Back to top Go down
http://thesoundofmyvendetta.tumblr.com

Need, again, another title :)
Page 1 of 1