Webkinz Beach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME Rules in mind.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

blackout- an adventure in the dark

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

blackout- an adventure in the dark Empty
PostSubject: blackout- an adventure in the dark   blackout- an adventure in the dark I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 2:01 am

blackout
The Smiths were having a party. They were known for being the most socially active family in town, though they weren't the richest. In their medium-sized and cozy house, they host fun and happy parties almost every week. This week was different. Annabelle Smith, the matriarch of the family, had her birthday this week. She was just about to blow out the candles when she disappeared. The candles went out by themselves, and the entire house became cloaked in darkness.

Now, Annabelle is missing, there's a power outage(or so it seems) and the house has become large and spacious. We must find her.

We are:

George Smith- father of the family, NPC
Rebecca Smith- somewhat bossy, clever, leaderly, 12 - Rayne
Heather Smith- very quiet, follower of Rebecca, even though she's older, 14 - Enchantix
Louise Lang- very flashy and fun, though somewhat airheaded, friend of Heather, 16- Nat
Jason, "just Jason"- a shy, smart 15 year old, family friend- Meercat
Matthew DeCaro- a loud and somewhat funny 13 year old- Furry
and Annabelle Smith, narrator/Sunny

I, Annabelle will try to guide you to saving me, and turning the lights back on, but I can't promise anything. I will give you choices at times, but at others, you must try and use your judgement.

IMPORTANT:
Spoiler:

There's the house map for future reference.

Rules:
- Please don't do anything stupid at free-choice questions.
- NPCs like George, are part of the narration, not anyone important. George is probably the most important NPC.
- No cussing, god-moding, etc.
- Try and follow your character's personality.

Everyone is assigned a color. Your question will be in that color.

Last edited by Sunny Baudelaire on Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:05 am; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: blackout- an adventure in the dark   blackout- an adventure in the dark I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 2:29 am

Rayne, sounds right. I'll just cut out Robert(he does the same as Rebecca, anyways).
NOTE: I will be deleting everything before this post, just to clean up the thread. Smile

Now... time for the intro.

..CRACK, the lights with out with a loud snap. Everyone gasped saying phrases like, "Honey, where are you?" or "Get over here, children, quickly now!" over and over again. Rebecca, quite the clever one, felt through the darkness and grabbed a flash light. She screamed, "Shut it!" and gathered the kids at the party around the beam of light. Heather listened closely to every word she said, while Louise was only by the flashlight to check out her broken nail. Matthew strained not to make a wise crack when Rebecca talked, and Jason shrugged and stood next to Heather.
.."You know, guys, we're probably not the only house affected. Does anyone have a cellphone? We could call the power company..." Rebecca said.
..Louise raised her hand. "I do! But no signal." She sighed, and so did everyone else.
..Heather looked to Jason, and as if he read her mind, he said, "Well, this house isn't that big. Let's look around and get the lights back on."
..Suddenly Matthew gasped, "Guys, Mrs. Smith, is gone!" The adults were milling around the birthday girl's chair, talking.

..In the dim light, it was hard to know where to check first. Rebecca stood up. "Come on, let's go!"
.."Wait," Heather whispered. "I don't want to split up. We've only got one flashlight. Let's take a vote."

Everyone, will you:
A. Wait for adult help
B. Split up and explore
C. Stay together and explore
Back to top Go down
Ray
Ray

Female
Number of posts : 1898
Nickname: : Rayne, Raynie
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: blackout- an adventure in the dark   blackout- an adventure in the dark I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:44 am

go me. XD

B, more fun.
Back to top Go down
holagurl175
holagurl175

Female
Number of posts : 16089
Nickname: : Natalie(Nat)
Princess<3
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: Moon HighSchool- Lorrraine

PostSubject: Re: blackout- an adventure in the dark   blackout- an adventure in the dark I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:47 am

B!
Back to top Go down
WoLf_MiStReSs
WoLf_MiStReSs

Female
Number of posts : 14540
Nickname: : MeEr, Mkitty, Wolfie, Moe, Mcat, Missy, Pedro
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: blackout- an adventure in the dark   blackout- an adventure in the dark I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 4:44 am

B!
Back to top Go down
EnchantixBloom

Female
Number of posts : 1626
Nickname: : Enchantix, Bloom, EB, Enchilada (what Penguin used to call me)
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: BrightClan- Brightstar, Cherryfur, Stormwhistle, and Dawnpaw. Sunrise Wolf Pack- Bloom, Sky, Crystal, Shadow, Sapphire, and Emerald. 11 girls, no parents- Samantha Singger. 21 Kids, no parents- Alyssa, Gabrielle, Rachel, and Victoria. Running for our lives- Faith Nicole Hadley. Captured- Heather Camille Brooke. Jureano Mountain Pack- Bloom, Sky, Crystal, Shadow, Sapphire, and Emerald. Summer River Pack- Bloom, Sky, Crystal, Shadow, Sapphire, and Emerald.

PostSubject: Re: blackout- an adventure in the dark   blackout- an adventure in the dark I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 4:51 am

C.
Back to top Go down
holagurl175
holagurl175

Female
Princess<3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: blackout- an adventure in the dark   blackout- an adventure in the dark I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 5:01 am

A: 0
B: 3
C: 1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: blackout- an adventure in the dark   blackout- an adventure in the dark I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 7:32 am

Thanks Nat for counting. Since we have a clear majority, we are moving on.

..The children raised their hands. Rebecca counted the silhouettes, and she declared the results. "We're splitting up! We're odd, so one group has to be bigger." Without saying, Rebecca was going to be the first "team captain." She would pick two teammates, leaving the other two to be the other team. She took Louise and Matthew, so the other team would be balanced in age. Jason and Heather were on the other team.
.."Oh no," Heather said. "We've only got one flashlight."
(Heather and Jason, you are Team B, Matthew, Rebecca and Louise, you are Team A)

Team A, where will you go first? You are in the dining room, and the one of the three rooms that branch from it will be your first destination. Will you go to the:
A. Kitchen
B. Bathroom
C. Living room

Team B, you have three options. Would you like to:
A. Follow Team A
B. Find a flashlight
C. Go on with out a flashlight.

You've got a special oppurtunity this time. Whispers are happening behind Rebecca's back. Some of you are unhappy with the teams. Everyone except Rebecca, would you like to rebel against the teams? This is your only chance.

-Team B, keep in mind, if you can't decide on the same thing, you'll do something unlisted or something else on the list.-
Back to top Go down
EnchantixBloom

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: BrightClan- Brightstar, Cherryfur, Stormwhistle, and Dawnpaw. Sunrise Wolf Pack- Bloom, Sky, Crystal, Shadow, Sapphire, and Emerald. 11 girls, no parents- Samantha Singger. 21 Kids, no parents- Alyssa, Gabrielle, Rachel, and Victoria. Running for our lives- Faith Nicole Hadley. Captured- Heather Camille Brooke. Jureano Mountain Pack- Bloom, Sky, Crystal, Shadow, Sapphire, and Emerald. Summer River Pack- Bloom, Sky, Crystal, Shadow, Sapphire, and Emerald.

PostSubject: Re: blackout- an adventure in the dark   blackout- an adventure in the dark I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 7:44 am

I think either A or B, what do you think, Meercat?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: blackout- an adventure in the dark   blackout- an adventure in the dark I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 7:57 am

You'll have to choose one. Smile And would anyone like to get a team change, it's your only chance.
Back to top Go down
holagurl175
holagurl175

Female
Princess<3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: blackout- an adventure in the dark   blackout- an adventure in the dark I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 7:59 am

c!
Back to top Go down
EnchantixBloom

Female

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: blackout- an adventure in the dark   blackout- an adventure in the dark I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 8:00 am

I'll choose B.
Back to top Go down
_furryfurby
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11479
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: https://webkinzbeach.forumotion.net/furry-s-rp-characters-h6.htm

PostSubject: Re: blackout- an adventure in the dark   blackout- an adventure in the dark I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 8:07 am

Matthew will choose B. Bathroom.
["Probably taking a leak."]

oh, btw, how old is annabelle?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: blackout- an adventure in the dark   blackout- an adventure in the dark I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 8:13 am

Very Happy Brought a smile to my face. Taking a leak...

Annable is in her early forties, I guess...

Team A:

A- None
B- I
C- I

Team B:

A- None
B- I
C- None

Everyone besides Rebecca:

LAST CHANCE TO REVOLT
Back to top Go down
Ray
Ray

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: blackout- an adventure in the dark   blackout- an adventure in the dark I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 8:40 am

I'll choose C. Living Room.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: blackout- an adventure in the dark   blackout- an adventure in the dark I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 9:23 am

Alright, nice choice, Team A.

..After a small discussion, Team A decided to go to the living room. Matthew cringed, holding it in, and followed Rebecca and Louise. Rebecca moved the beam of light around the room, and stopped it on a body-like lump on the couch. It was covered with a blanket. Louise gasped;
.."Ew, what IS that?" she shreiked.
.."I dunno, let's check it out!" Matthew said.
..Rebecca hesitated. "You sure?"

~*~*~

..Heather edged towards the disappearing light. She had wanted to get her own flashlight, but was unsure of what Jason wanted to do. The adults, who had somehow managed to grab a flashlight, looked at her. George Smith stared at her angrily. "Heather, what are you doing?" He tapped his toes waiting for an answer.
..She choked; never had she been scolded before. She looked to Jason and ignored her father. She opened the living room door and watched Team A.

Team A, will you:

A. Check out the body
B. Turn the other way, head back to the dining room
C. Wait for Team B,
OR
Free choice, if you'd like, you can RP it. Smile

Heather, will you:

A. Walk in with Team A
B. Do nothing
C. Go back to Jason
Back to top Go down
holagurl175
holagurl175

Female
Princess<3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: blackout- an adventure in the dark   blackout- an adventure in the dark I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 10:59 am

A!
Back to top Go down
_furryfurby
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11479
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: https://webkinzbeach.forumotion.net/furry-s-rp-characters-h6.htm

PostSubject: Re: blackout- an adventure in the dark   blackout- an adventure in the dark I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 12:28 pm

a, a, a!

i'm glad it did, sunny =D
Back to top Go down
WoLf_MiStReSs
WoLf_MiStReSs

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: blackout- an adventure in the dark   blackout- an adventure in the dark I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 12:29 pm

I go with B!
Back to top Go down
EnchantixBloom

Female

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: blackout- an adventure in the dark   blackout- an adventure in the dark I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 8:36 pm

C.
Back to top Go down
Ray
Ray

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: blackout- an adventure in the dark   blackout- an adventure in the dark I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 9:02 pm

yea, I was gonna choose A too.
Back to top Go down
holagurl175
holagurl175

Female
Princess<3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: blackout- an adventure in the dark   blackout- an adventure in the dark I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 9:10 pm

Team A chose A, shocker. LoL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: blackout- an adventure in the dark   blackout- an adventure in the dark I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 10:31 pm

Alright, Team A is going to investigate, and Heather went back to Jason to look for a flashlight.

..Slowly, Matthew began to peel away the blanket. Wrinkly skin and men's clothing... Wait a minute. It was Grandpa Smith. He was oblivious to everything. Rebecca looked scared, afraid he might have been dead, but eventually, he snored. Everyone giggled.
.."Well, I guess we should just leave him. Once the lights come back on, he'll be fine," Rebecca said. She turned a circle in place, searching for anything interesting. She couldn't see much from a distance, but if the team looked in detail, they might have found something.

~*~*~

..Ignoring her father, Heather inched back to Jason. "Let's look for a flashlight."
.."Sounds good," Jason said. From the beam of the adults' flashlight, Heather could make out another one on a tall shelf. She was too short to get it, but Jason might be able to. She motioned to Jason and he walked over and got the flashlight with ease. He switched it on.
.."Ready to explore?" Jason asked.

Team A, will you:
A. Explore the living room further
B. Go to another area, the bathroom
C. Go to another area, the kitchen
D. Go to another area, the dining room

Team B, will you:

A. Find Team A
Go off on your own to:
B. Living room
C. Bathroom
D. Kitchen
Back to top Go down
Ray
Ray

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: blackout- an adventure in the dark   blackout- an adventure in the dark I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 10:50 pm

hm, C. kitchen.
Back to top Go down
WoLf_MiStReSs
WoLf_MiStReSs

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field:

PostSubject: Re: blackout- an adventure in the dark   blackout- an adventure in the dark I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 11:04 pm

I guess B, wbu Bloom?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: blackout- an adventure in the dark   blackout- an adventure in the dark I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

blackout- an adventure in the dark
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next