Webkinz Beach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME Rules in mind.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Warrior Code and The Medicine Cat Handbook

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Warrior Code and The Medicine Cat Handbook Empty
PostSubject: The Warrior Code and The Medicine Cat Handbook   The Warrior Code and The Medicine Cat Handbook I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:04 am

1. Defend your Clan, even with your life. You may have friendships with cats from other Clans, but your loyalty must remain to your Clan, as one day you may meet them in battle.

2. Do not hunt or trespass on another Clan's territory.

3. Elders and kits must be fed before apprentices and warriors. Unless they have permission, apprentices may not eat until they have hunted to feed the elders.

4. Prey is killed only to be eaten. Give thanks to StarClan for its life.

5. A kit must be at least six moons old to become an apprentice.

6. Newly appointed warriors will keep a silent vigil for one night after receiving their warrior name.

7. A cat cannot be made deputy without having mentored at least one apprentice.

8. The deputy will become Clan leader when he leader dies or retires.

9. After the death or retirement of the deputy, the new deputy must be chosen before moonhigh.

10. A gathering of all Clans is held at the full moon during a truce that lasts for one night. There shall be no fighting among Clans at this time.

11. Boundaries must be checked and marked daily. Challenge all trespassing cats.

12. No warrior may neglect a kit in pain or in danger, even if that kit is from a different Clan.

13. The word of the Clan leader is law.

14. An honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win his battles, unless they are outside the warrior code or it is necessary for self-defense.

15. A warrior rejects the soft life of a kittypet.

Taken from the Warriors Field Guide: Secrets of the Clans.

The Medicine Cat Handbook

Welcome to the Medicine Cat Handbook. This is for all Medicine Cats to use, whether they are young or old.

Chapter 1: Basic Items and Uses

Adder Barrack ~ toothaches

Alfalfa ~ chewed, then swallowed to help tooth decay

Aloe Vera ~ leaves are chewed and spit on burns, or skin problems

Blessed Thistle ~ increases circulation of blood

Borage Leaves ~ lessens fever

Bramble twig syrup ~ helps to sleep

Broken Rosemary Blossoms ~ used to heal eye infection or to cover up wounds around the eyes or eyelids.

Broom Poultices ~ helps broken legs and other serious wounds

Broom Malice Poultices ~ heals open wounds

Burdock Root ~ helps stop infection from rat bites

Catnip ~ helps stop greencough

Celandine ~ rub it on aching eye, and it the aching will go away

Chamomile ~ helps with depression and fatigue; soothes heart

Chervil ~ juice of the leaves for infected wounds; chew the root for bellyache

Chewed Gumweed ~ helps seal wounds from infection. stings slightly, but helps to collect the skin together and close quicker

Chickweed ~ cures some of green and black cough

Cobwebs ~ helps cover a wound from infection or from bleeding

Coltsfoot ~ an herb that eases coughing

Comfrey Roots ~ chew and rub on wounds to clean them

Crushed Iris Petals ~ stimulates breathing during the birthing process; can also be used for kit’s sore throats

Crushed Marigold Petals ~ protects against infection of serious wounds; avoid around eyes, for it can be irritating
Crushed Pawpaw Roots ~ for kitten cough, which only threatens kittens

Crushed Rose Thorns ~ helps seal wounds

Culver’s Root ~ for when a cat takes a dip in some sort of water; use with Feverfew

Daisy Leaves ~ chewed to help aching joints

Deathberries ~ kills a cat

Ferns ~ cleans out wounds

Feverfew ~ used when a cat has a fever

Foxglove Cloves ~ for purging toxins from the body; forces you to throw up the toxins.

Foxglove Leaves ~ used on deep wounds to stop bleeding quickly

Garlic ~ for fleas, and some scratches

Garlic Juice ~ dripped into wounds to prevent infection; causes slight stinging

Ginger ~ for asthma and coughs

Goldenrod Juice ~ dripped into wounds to relieve tingling or pain; but does nothing to heal
Grass ~ for upset stomach

Hawthorne Berries ~ for indigestion (look like Deathberries, just not shiny
)
Honey ~ helps herbs go down easier, and soothes throats and infections

Horsetail ~ when chewed and applied to wounds, it stops infections

Huckleberry+Goldenrod ~ muscle reliever

Ivy juices ~ calming

Juniper Berries ~ help with stomach ache

Lavender ~ for chills

Lavender Stem ~ calms a cat in shock

Marigold ~ soothes infections

Marigold leaves ~ dresses wounds

Mouse Bile ~ helps rid of fleas and ticks; placed in moss and applied to cat's fur

Milkweed Juice ~ for sores or burns; don't use around ears or eyes; poisonous when ingested

Narcissus Flower Petals ~ soothes a she-cat when having contractions

Nightshade ~ poisonous plant

Peathingy Flower Petals ~ helps a kit with kitten cough; will help to clear clogged throats and nasal passages

Poppy Seeds ~ lessens pain and helps a cat sleep

Rosinweed ~ cleans out the system when poisons have been digested

Sacred bark ~ for upset stomachs

Sage Roots ~ for cracked pads, especially on elder cats; use with Poppy Seeds

Shock Roots ~ stimulates the nervous system; use after a cat has been knocked out, poisoned, or had head trauma

Snapdragon Seeds ~ clears up ringworm and helps rid the body of fleas

Stinging Nettle ~ stops swelling

Tansy ~ helps with coughing

Thinned-out Heather Down ~ helps with the indigestion of a kit; helps to line a kit’s stomach, and absorb the juices that produce the uncomfortable feeling

Thyme ~ for calming anxieties

//Traveling Herbs:

Poppy Seeds ~ helps dull the hunger or pain in your paws

Tansy Leaves ~ keeps hunger at bay

Crushed Lotus Roots ~ helps keep you awake, so that you will not fall asleep (energizer)

Skullcap Seeds ~ gives extra strength

Witch Hazel ~ for when you need an extra "boost"; if you're tired, and have to travel, this will wake you up (energizer)//

Water Mint ~ for stomach aches

Wild garlic ~ helps get rat poison out

Wild onion ~ helps get rat poison out

Windflower Shoots ~ for stomach cramps, such as cramps that came when a she-cat becomes pregnant

Yew ~ induces vomiting

Yarrow ~ induces vomiting

Chewed Ragwort Leaves+Juniper Berries ~ for elders' aching joints

Yarrow Ointment: Yarrow Leaves+Ragwort+Ivy ~ dress paw with ointment, then swath in cobwebs; for scraped paws

Spottedleaf's special mix against White/Green/Black Cough

- crushed Daisy Petals
- two poppy seeds
- six cranberries
- two catnip leaves

Chapter 4: Diseases

Green Cough- Gives you a bad fever and a terrible cough. It can only be caught in leaf bare; you can die from it if you get sick enough.

Chill- You get a runny nose and a fever. You can catch it from getting wet in cold weather, and you can't die from it.

White cough- Gives you a bad cough and fever, it can turn into green cough. It can't kill you.

Cats Eye- Makes eye crust over; can cause blindness.

Bug Ears- Bugs crawl around in ear, making it itch and ooze. (Ear mites.)

Rabies- Gives you a fever, foamy mouth, and dizziness. There is no cure for it, and if you get it you will die. You can only get it from another animal that has it or getting infected in a cut.

Death disease- It gives you severe pain in every area, and will eventually kill you. You get it from ticks and mosquitoes. (Lyme disease.)

White Paw - Your paw pads turn white, and give off severe pain if you walk on them. You get it in leafbare when your paws are cold for a long period of time. (Frostbite.)

Scarlet fever- You get a severe fever. Can only be received by kits in leafbare, from being cold.

Neetle- You get a high fever and you throw up a lot. You can get it any time of the year, there is no known cause for it.

Black Cough- The deadliest form of the 'Coughs'. If you catch it, you are most likely to die. Comes right after Green Cough. Can kill if not treated soon enough.

FROM BLOOM!

Leader:
*at the moonstone w/leader, sleeping*
Starclan cats: Welcome, [to-be leader's name]. Are you ready to receive your nine lives?
Leader: I am. *feels as if he/she were dying; Starclan is taking away his/her old life so he can receive new ones*
Starclan Cat #1: "I, [name], give you your first life with the gift of courage, to defend your Clan." *touches noses with leader*
Leader: *gets shock of energy*
Starclan Cat #2: "I, [name], give you your second life with the gift of justice, to judge your Clan fairly." *touches noses with leader*
Starclan Cat #3: "I, [name], give you your third life with the gift of loyalty to what you know to be right." *touches noses with leader*
Starclan Cat #4: "I, [name], give you your fourth life with the gift of tireless energy, so you can serve your Clan to the utmost." *touches noses with leader*
Starclan Cat #5: "I, [name], give you your fifth life with the desire to protect your Clan, as a queen would protect her kits." *touches noses with leader*
Leader: *gets strong shock of energy*
Starclan Cat #6: "I, [name], give you your sixth life with the gift of mentoring." *touches noses with leader*
Starclan Cat #7: "I, [name], give you your seventh life with the gift of compassion, the compassion like a Healer." *touches noses with leader*
Starclan Cat #8: "I, [name], give you your eighth life with the gift of love." *touches noses with leader*
Leader: *gets warm feeling of energy*
Starclan Cat #9: "I, [name], give you your last life, along with the gifts of nobility, certainty, and faith, so that you will be able to lead your Clan in the way of the Warrior Code for all your nine lives." *touches noses with leader*
Starclan: "We give you your name as leader of ____clan. From this moment you shall be known as _____star."
All Starclan Cats: *chant* "Leopardstar! Leopardstar!"
Leader: *wakes up*

Deputy:
Leader: "I say these words before the spirit of [old deputy]/StarClan, so that his spirit/they may hear and approve my choice. [New deputy] will be the new deputy of [clan name]Clan."
Clan: [Deputy]! [Deputy]!
New Deputy: *Usually makes short speech*

Warrior:
Leader: "[mentor's name], are you satisfied that ___paw is ready to become a warrior?"
Mentor: "I am."
Leader: "[Apprentice], come forward."
Apprentice: Comes forward.
Leader: "I, ___star, leader of ___Clan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He/She has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend him/her to you as a warrior in his/her turn. ___paw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend this Clan, even at the cost of your life?"
Apprentice: "I do."
Leader: "Then by the powers of StarClan I give you your warrior name. ___paw, from this moment you will be known as [warrior name]. StarClan honours your [virtue 1] and [virtue 2], and we welcome you as a full warrior of ___Clan." Rests muzzle on new warrior's head.
New warrior: Gives leader's shoulder a respectful lick before going to join the other warriors.
Clan: [New warrior]! [New warrior]!

Apprentice:
Leader: "From this day forwards, until s/he has earned his/her warrior name, this apprentice will be called ___paw. [Mentor], come forward."
Mentor: Comes forward.
Leader: "[Mentor], you were [Menor's mentor]'s apprentice. She/he taught you well, and you have [virtue 1] and [virtue 2]. I hope you will pass on some of those qualities to ____paw."
Mentor and apprentice: Touch noses.
Clan: ____paw! ____paw!
Note: What leader says to mentor can be variated.

Elder:
Leader: "[Warrior], is it your wish to give up the name of a warrior and go to join the elders?"
Warrior: "It is."
Leader: "Your Clan honors you and all the service you have given us. I call upon StarClan to give you many seasons of rest." Lays tail on retiring cat's shoulders.
Elder: Bows head and joins other elders.
Clan: *May chant name*

Renaming:
Leader: "Spirits of StarClan, you know every cat by a name. I ask you now to take away the name from the cat you see before you, for it no longer stands for what he/she is. By my authority as Clan leader, and with the approval of our warrior ancestors, I give this cat a new name. From this moment on she/he will be known as [new name], for [reasons for changing name] we honor his/her [virtues or similar]" Rests muzzle on newly named cat's head.
Newly named cat: Gives leader's shoulder a respectful lick.
Clan: [Name]! [Name]!

Medicine cat:
*at moonstone with other medicine cats and apprentices*
Medicine Cat: "I, [name], medicine cat of _____Clan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She/He has trained hard to understand the way of a medicine cat, and with your help she/he will serve your Clan for many moons. [Apprentice], do you promise to uphold the way of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between Clan and Clan, and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life?"
Medicine Cat Apprentice: "I do."
Medicine Cat: "Then, by the powers of StarClan, I give you your true name as a medicine cat. [Apprentice], from this moment you shall be known as [new name]. StarClan honors your knowledge and certainty, and we welcome you as a full medicine cat of ____Clan.
Other Meds: [Name]! [Name]!

Medicine cat apprentice:
*At Moonstone with other med cats and apprentices*
Medicine Cat: "[Apprentice], is it your wish to enter into the mysteries of StarClan as a medicine cat?"Medicine Cat Apprentice: "It is."
Medicine Cat: "Then come forward"
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Come forward.
Medicine Cat: "Warriors of StarClan, I present to you this apprentice. She has chosen the path of a medicine cat. Grant her your wisdom and insight so that she may understand your ways and heal her Clan in accordance with your will."
Medicine Cats and apprentices: Lay down before moonstone.

Last edited by Horse <3 on Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
EnchantixBloom

Female
Number of posts : 1626
Nickname: : Enchantix, Bloom, EB, Enchilada (what Penguin used to call me)
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: BrightClan- Brightstar, Cherryfur, Stormwhistle, and Dawnpaw. Sunrise Wolf Pack- Bloom, Sky, Crystal, Shadow, Sapphire, and Emerald. 11 girls, no parents- Samantha Singger. 21 Kids, no parents- Alyssa, Gabrielle, Rachel, and Victoria. Running for our lives- Faith Nicole Hadley. Captured- Heather Camille Brooke. Jureano Mountain Pack- Bloom, Sky, Crystal, Shadow, Sapphire, and Emerald. Summer River Pack- Bloom, Sky, Crystal, Shadow, Sapphire, and Emerald.

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Code and The Medicine Cat Handbook   The Warrior Code and The Medicine Cat Handbook I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 7:58 am

Good job, S&S!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Code and The Medicine Cat Handbook   The Warrior Code and The Medicine Cat Handbook I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 8:00 am

thanks, n_n
Back to top Go down
EnchantixBloom

Female

Character sheet
Role-Playing Game Field: BrightClan- Brightstar, Cherryfur, Stormwhistle, and Dawnpaw. Sunrise Wolf Pack- Bloom, Sky, Crystal, Shadow, Sapphire, and Emerald. 11 girls, no parents- Samantha Singger. 21 Kids, no parents- Alyssa, Gabrielle, Rachel, and Victoria. Running for our lives- Faith Nicole Hadley. Captured- Heather Camille Brooke. Jureano Mountain Pack- Bloom, Sky, Crystal, Shadow, Sapphire, and Emerald. Summer River Pack- Bloom, Sky, Crystal, Shadow, Sapphire, and Emerald.

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Code and The Medicine Cat Handbook   The Warrior Code and The Medicine Cat Handbook I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:43 pm

Here's the Clan Ceremonies thing from WI. Smile

Leader:
*at the moonstone w/leader, sleeping*
Starclan cats: Welcome, [to-be leader's name]. Are you ready to receive your nine lives?
Leader: I am. *feels as if he/she were dying; Starclan is taking away his/her old life so he can receive new ones*
Starclan Cat #1: "I, [name], give you your first life with the gift of courage, to defend your Clan." *touches noses with leader*
Starclan Cat #2: "I, [name], give you your second life with the gift of justice, to judge your Clan fairly." *touches noses with leader*
Starclan Cat #3: "I, [name], give you your third life with the gift of loyalty to what you know to be right." *touches noses with leader*
Starclan Cat #4: "I, [name], give you your fourth life with the gift of tireless energy, so you can serve your Clan to the utmost." *touches noses with leader*
Starclan Cat #5: "I, [name], give you your fifth life with the desire to protect your Clan, as a queen would protect her kits." *touches noses with leader*
Leader: *gets strong shock of energy*
Starclan Cat #6: "I, [name], give you your sixth life with the gift of mentoring." *touches noses with leader*
Starclan Cat #7: "I, [name], give you your seventh life with the gift of compassion, the compassion like a Healer." *touches noses with leader*
Starclan Cat #8: "I, [name], give you your eighth life with the gift of love." *touches noses with leader*
Leader: *gets warm feeling of energy*
Starclan Cat #9: "I, [name], give you your last life, along with the gifts of nobility, certainty, and faith, so that you will be able to lead your Clan in the way of the Warrior Code for all your nine lives." *touches noses with leader*
Starclan: "We give you your name as leader of ____clan. From this moment you shall be known as _____star."
All Starclan Cats: *chant* "Leopardstar! Leopardstar!"
Leader: *wakes up*

Deputy:
Leader: "I say these words before the spirit of [old deputy]/StarClan, so that his spirit/they may hear and approve my choice. [New deputy] will be the new deputy of [clan name]Clan."
Clan: [Deputy]! [Deputy]!
New Deputy: *Usually makes short speech*

Warrior:
Leader: "[mentor's name], are you satisfied that ___paw is ready to become a warrior?"
Mentor: "I am."
Leader: "[Apprentice], come forward."
Apprentice: Comes forward.
Leader: "I, ___star, leader of ___Clan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He/She has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend him/her to you as a warrior in his/her turn. ___paw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend this Clan, even at the cost of your life?"
Apprentice: "I do."
Leader: "Then by the powers of StarClan I give you your warrior name. ___paw, from this moment you will be known as [warrior name]. StarClan honours your [virtue 1] and [virtue 2], and we welcome you as a full warrior of ___Clan." Rests muzzle on new warrior's head.
New warrior: Gives leader's shoulder a respectful lick before going to join the other warriors.
Clan: [New warrior]! [New warrior]!

Apprentice:
Leader: "From this day forwards, until s/he has earned his/her warrior name, this apprentice will be called ___paw. [Mentor], come forward."
Mentor: Comes forward.
Leader: "[Mentor], you were [Menor's mentor]'s apprentice. She/he taught you well, and you have [virtue 1] and [virtue 2]. I hope you will pass on some of those qualities to ____paw."
Mentor and apprentice: Touch noses.
Clan: ____paw! ____paw!
Note: What leader says to mentor can be variated.

Elder:
Leader: "[Warrior], is it your wish to give up the name of a warrior and go to join the elders?"
Warrior: "It is."
Leader: "Your Clan honors you and all the service you have given us. I call upon StarClan to give you many seasons of rest." Lays tail on retiring cat's shoulders.
Elder: Bows head and joins other elders.
Clan: *May chant name*

Renaming:
Leader: "Spirits of StarClan, you know every cat by a name. I ask you now to take away the name from the cat you see before you, for it no longer stands for what he/she is. By my authority as Clan leader, and with the approval of our warrior ancestors, I give this cat a new name. From this moment on she/he will be known as [new name], for [reasons for changing name] we honor his/her [virtues or similar]" Rests muzzle on newly named cat's head.
Newly named cat: Gives leader's shoulder a respectful lick.
Clan: [Name]! [Name]!

Medicine cat:
*at moonstone with other medicine cats and apprentices*
Medicine Cat: "I, [name], medicine cat of _____Clan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She/He has trained hard to understand the way of a medicine cat, and with your help she/he will serve your Clan for many moons. [Apprentice], do you promise to uphold the way of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between Clan and Clan, and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life?"
Medicine Cat Apprentice: "I do."
Medicine Cat: "Then, by the powers of StarClan, I give you your true name as a medicine cat. [Apprentice], from this moment you shall be known as [new name]. StarClan honors your knowledge and certainty, and we welcome you as a full medicine cat of ____Clan.
Other Meds: [Name]! [Name]!

Medicine cat apprentice:
*At Moonstone with other med cats and apprentices*
Medicine Cat: "[Apprentice], is it your wish to enter into the mysteries of StarClan as a medicine cat?"Medicine Cat Apprentice: "It is."
Medicine Cat: "Then come forward"
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Come forward.
Medicine Cat: "Warriors of StarClan, I present to you this apprentice. She has chosen the path of a medicine cat. Grant her your wisdom and insight so that she may understand your ways and heal her Clan in accordance with your will."
Medicine Cats and apprentices: Lay down before moonstone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Code and The Medicine Cat Handbook   The Warrior Code and The Medicine Cat Handbook I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 3:42 am

aww trhanks! im add that!
Back to top Go down
EnchantixBloom

Female

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Code and The Medicine Cat Handbook   The Warrior Code and The Medicine Cat Handbook I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 5:59 am

You're welcome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Code and The Medicine Cat Handbook   The Warrior Code and The Medicine Cat Handbook I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Warrior Code and The Medicine Cat Handbook
Page 1 of 1